Just found out I'm pregnant, question about cramps?

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 8th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Took two home tests, both positive! Around 3 1/2 weeks
Was just curious, I have been having cramps, similar to menstrual cramps. They happen 2-3 times daily and last for about 5-7 mins. They aren't severe and there hasn't been any spotting or bleeding, just very uncomfortable. I was just wondering what that may be??
December 12th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Hi Dlm678,

I am a newbie here myself, but have been doing a lot of googling and stalking of forums.

This form of cramping is normal and it includes the stretching of your uterus to make room for your baby (or babies!). If the cramping is intense, focused on on side and/or includes blood then it is time to call your Doc or make the trip to the emergency room ASAP. Of course if you have any concerns no matter what, call your Doc.

Again, this is what I gained from internet research. I'm going through the same thing right now as I am a little over 4 weeks. This is my first.

Congrats and wishing you a H&H 9 months!

Married my high school sweetheart on 3/30/12
December 13th, 2012, 01:58 AM
mrsEuphoria1's Avatar Veteran
I'm a little over 5 weeks and definitely have been having cramps off and on the entire time since I found out a week ago too. My OBGYN said this is very normal though and I shouldn't worry unless I see blood or they're severe enough to warrant driving ot the hospital. Same explanation, uterus is just expanding.
December 13th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Super Mommy
You may be dehydrated as well, Id say up your water intake (even if you drink a lot) and see if that helps. If not and the cramps get very intense I would go to the doctor just to be on the safe side.
December 15th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Veteran
I think it is normal. One sign of being preggo is having menstrual-like cramps and it also happened to me. Aching boobs, always hungry and sleepiness comes together with it. I've experienced it althroughout my first trimester so dont worry to much...
December 15th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
I would def up your water intake for sure ... as long as it's not intense pain or one-sided it's most likely just your uterus. It could still be achy from implantation, etc. I would get these sharp pains if I moved too quick or stood up too quick when I was about 4-5 weeks along. Doctor told me it was normal as long as there was no blood.

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

December 21st, 2012, 11:44 AM
321abc
That's normal, I've had some this pregnancy and had them more with my first. I'm assuming you have more with your first than second because your uterus is bigger the second time around. Agree if they get very painful and or you start bleeding call your doctor but otherwise it's normal

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search