Very possibley blighted ovum

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By momof8lopez
  • 1 Post By momof8lopez

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 24th, 2013, 06:09 AM
Kinethra's Avatar Veteran
I just want to know if anyone else has had this issue..

I ovulated between Nov. 22-25 2012, I got my first positive on Dec 5th and got consecutive positive with darker and darker lines. When I was at 5 weeks I got food poisoning and had to go to the hospital. They did an emergency ultrasound and found a septum in my uterus. Misdiagnosed it as small and said there was a sac and yolksac and that I was 5 weeks. Well, 5 weeks later at the midwife (yesterday) they can't find a heartbeat. So they do an ultrasound. Well, they see I have the septum too, but its bigger than the hospital said. I pretty much have 2 uterus'. In one side they see a sac that is empty. In the other they see a sac that might have the possibility of something. Both measuring at 5 weeks. Has anyone else had something weird like this and it turn out fine? Or is it for sure blighted ovum with no chance? I have another ultrasound in two weeks.

January 24th, 2013, 11:13 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Unless you just conceived recently again....I would guess bo. At 10wks, you would for sure see a baby, even if you measured 2wks behind. Measuring 5wks behind and getting positive hpts in early December would make this most likely a bo. Does your dr. have a game plan for the septum? Is that considered higher risk now for future pregnancy's? Im so sorry for your results and pray that you heal quickly.
Kinethra likes this.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

January 24th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Kinethra's Avatar Veteran
That's what we are confused about. I have a hyperovulation gene that runs on both sides of my family. If I have that, it has been known to cause fraternal twins and sometimes a second pregnancy at different gestation. But, that is so rare I can barely toy with the notion. In two weeks I get another ultrasound and they will see what's going on for sure.

The midwife didn't even know there was a surgery to remove the septum. I will have to see a doctor about it if I want it removed. We aren't sure we are going to worry about it unless it causes a problem. The biggest issue is if anything tried to implant on the septum and that hasn't happened yet (Fingers Crossed). So we think if we can hold off on surgery, we will try.

Right now I'm guessing BO, but I really want to just be that rare case anomaly. But I never get to be that girl! I think right now I am just sad because we thought we were 10 weeks and now we are just nothing.

January 24th, 2013, 04:46 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a bo that went to 14wks, so I know your pain. After the d&c, my milk even came in. I know the feeling of going in and being told, there is no baby, just a very large sac that grew to the right size. But please know this, there was a baby, and that baby just ended very early in the pregnancy. i also had a yolk sac present in the early stages, this means that a fetal pole did develope, just not grow.

Praying for your roller coaster to come to an end and for your healing to begin.
Kinethra likes this.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search