Ultrasound confusion :(

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By BriLandy
  • 1 Post By Wanta.number2

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Super Mommy
Hi. I had my first OB appt yesterday and according to lamp I was about 7weeks and a few days. On u,trasound baby measured 6w 3d and no heartbeat was visible... I go back next week for a repeat ultrasound to check for growth/heartbeat... I am scared, sad, nervous.. Everything. Doe anyone have an experience with this? Is it possible it's just too early for a heartbeat? Thank you
February 14th, 2013, 07:57 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Depending on the u/s quality, maybe they did measure the fetal pole accurately. If the u/s quality was good, and they measured the baby at 6w3d, they should of seen a h/b. Since your measuring a week behind with these measurements, I would prepare for the worst and hope for a miracle. I pray the u/s quality was not that great or they could not accurately measure you due to a tipped uterus or something along those lines. Lots of prayers for good news on your next u/s and baby is measuring where they should be.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

February 14th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Super Mommy
Thank you, I really appreciate your reply. I am hoping for the best...
February 16th, 2013, 11:44 PM
BriLandy's Avatar Veteran
I had to have internal ultrasounds at 7 and then again at 11 weeks because my uterus was placed deep in my abdomen, so it wasn't clear yet. At 11 weeks, I had a panic attack because she couldn't hear a heartbeat and then had difficulty finding anything when she attempted an external ultrasound. I wouldn't worry too much, she's probably just tiny.
miraclenumber2 likes this.

Baby girl, due May 18th, 2013.

Bri
February 17th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Super Mommy
Thank you Brilandy!
February 25th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
YOU SHOULDN'T PREPARE FOR THE WORST!!!! Not seeing a h/b at 6 weeks 3 days DOES NOT mean you are going to miscarry!!! I didn't see one at my six weeks appt and it was normal. There are some ladies that haven't seen one until close to 8. I have been so sad and scared since, because I am waiting for Friday to get another scan, but a lot of ladies have shared their experiences with me and even though it's hard not to worry, it could still be too early. Pregnancies progress differently! I'm so sorry the above poster told you that, it is incorrect.
miraclenumber2 likes this.
February 25th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Veteran
No need to worry at all! With my second I didn't start seeing my midwife until I was somewhere around 2-3 months along. She couldn't hear his heartbeat...but it was only because I wasn't as far along as I thought. At our next appointment his heartbeat was right where it was supposed to be.
February 25th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks ladies. I had first beta drawn last wed-40,316 nurse said this was pretty high. 2nd drawn last Friday, just found out today it was 37,000 I also started spotting like a very light period. I still have myself convinced a miracle could happen... Maybe I had twins and lost one but the other survived , still an awful scenario but easier for me than simply just losing my baby and all the hopes my family had along with it. I have an appt tomorrow and another ultrasound. I appreciate each response
March 9th, 2013, 08:19 AM
heatherolivia's Avatar Member
Sometimes internal scans are better than abdominal scans. I had abdo scan last week when I was in hospital, then I started bleeding and I was sent for an internal yesterday and it was still there (Thank God, I expected the worst) and it was a lot clearer!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search