Could this be the beginning of a misscarriage?! HELP!

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 3rd, 2013, 06:33 AM
Hi my husband and I have been TTC for 1.5 years and for the last five months have had IUI with clomid and injectables. My LMP was January 15 and on Febuary 15 I had some brown spotting only when I wiped. Went in for blood work and confirmed pregnancy with low HCG of 26. Doctor said it was not viable due to low progesterone and suppositories aren't recommended just to wait for the inevitable to happen. I had my HCG checked in 48 hour intervals and it went from 36 to 76 to 138 to 258 and they still say that is way too low. But that is doubling every 72 hours. I don't want to be in denial but could they just be wrong or possibly off by a week? I haven't had any cramping at all but 2 days ago started spotting brown again. Only when I wipe and very small amounts almost tan. Could this be the beginning of a misscarriage?
March 3rd, 2013, 08:21 AM
Super Mommy to be
I really don't know what to tell you but want to say big hugs to you and I hope not.
Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
'Blessings' by Laura Story (What if trials of this life, are your mercies in disguise)
Glorious Ruins
March 3rd, 2013, 06:13 PM
Veteran
I've had 3 miscarriages. With the first I was just barely pregnant. In fact, if I hadn't suspected and taken a test, I wouldn't have known that I was pregnant! Anyway, I had horrible cramping. It was a lot like period-pains.
The next two miscarriages were worse...I had real labor pains.

It seems if you were miscarrying that you'd have some cramping or pain. Also, since your HCG levels are doubling, it would seem that your becoming more pregnant rather than less.
Keep in mind as well, just because your last period was a certain date, it does not mean that was "the date" you conceived. It's possible to be "off" by a week or even two.
It's also common to have some spotting during pregnancy. Some women even have a normal looking period after becoming pregnant!

So my 2 cents would be to relax and try not to stress. So far, from my end anyway, everything you've shared sounds normal.
March 3rd, 2013, 08:33 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Did you due clomid and injectibles this cycle as well? If not, and it was natural, you could of ovulated later and that would be the reason for the lower betas. When betas are checked this early and they are not rising more toward the 48hrs mark, that raises a red flag to the dr. There are 20% of women who have betas like yours that go on to have a healthy baby. I would say to keep up with the checking of hcg and when they get high enough to monitor via u/s, that will be your best bet. Too soon to call it at this point. Praying you get great results!

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

March 5th, 2013, 04:18 AM
Left_field thank you for your hug and hope, I certainly need that right now. Genipher I am so sorry to hear about your losses. I am trying to relax but that seems next to impossible. Momof6lopez I did use 100 mg of clomid and an hcg trigger shot. However when I did my iui the follie wasn't very big only 19 so I'm wondering did they do it too early and maybe I ovulated late and concieved on my own? I just went for more blood work and an u/s yestereday. My betas are still rising went from 238 on Friday to 575 Monday morning (the doctor still wasn't happy) and my ultrasound showed nothing....anywhere. I'm hoping it was just too early but on a bright note my tubes were clear and I was told there was no indication of anything. I've heard you can't see anything on u/s until you get into the 1000's do any of you know about that? I go back tomorrow for blood work and another u/s. Fingers crossed!
March 5th, 2013, 06:56 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Your correct, you won't see a sac until your hcg is over or close to 1500. I have seen a sac with 1300 hcg. The reason I asked about the medicated cycle v's a natural cycle was for two reasons. To date the pregnancy, but also because when you use medication (trigger) it can alter the hcg doubling rate in the very beginning. I have seen that hear on JM, not my own personal experience. Im praying you get answers soon.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

March 7th, 2013, 04:23 AM
Well ladies it didn't end well for me. My HCG continued to double every 60 hours but they spotted something in my left fallopian tube. I went in for a Methotrexate shot and was devastated. So now I wait and go in to get my levels checked every 4 days. Thanks for all the support.
March 9th, 2013, 04:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry. I really hope you have some great news in the very near future.

March 9th, 2013, 08:16 AM
heatherolivia's Avatar Member
So so so sorry! Don't give up though, please!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search