Is their any risks to breastfeeding while pregnant??

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2013, 09:47 PM
My new pregnancy companion app said that it can cause miscarriage... this is completly new to me... ANY moms know anything on this topic?
March 29th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
This is a highly debated topic. The reason breastfeeding while pregnant is discouraged, is because breastfeeding can cause contractions, which is suspected to possibly cause miscarriage.

Many women do breastfeed through pregnancy though. It's a very personal decision.

March 30th, 2013, 05:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Not sure what your doc would say. I breastfed my first until I was about 5-6 months along with my second child (they are close in age). I just kinda told my doctor that I was doing it. He never told me to stop. He did caution that I keep really good nutrition. BF takes lots of nutrients (depending on how often you are doing it - I was only doing it 2 times per day). You baby also needs nutrients. Eat well and you are likely OK. Ask the doc though.

April 1st, 2013, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theirmommie View Post
My new pregnancy companion app said that it can cause miscarriage... this is completly new to me... ANY moms know anything on this topic?
hi,
as far as i know, if the pregnancy is OK and there are no complications and you are not in high risk, so there shouldn't be any problem. my sister breastfed throughout both pregnancies and everything was fine.
good luck
April 2nd, 2013, 06:40 AM
Weight Loss Expert
My doctor says it is alright as long as there is no problem with the pregnancy. Just always keep your self healthy and take the proper nutrients needed.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search