Paranoid about miscarriage!

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2013, 04:49 PM
Ok so here's a little about me: I'm 23, in good health, don't smoke or drink and eat healthier than the average person. This will be my first pregnancy (aside from an abortion 1 1/2 years ago due to personal reason... No comments thanks) I'm a little over 5 weeks and I'm paranoid about miscarriage! It barely crossed my mind until my mom (who miscarried at 10 weeks) and my coworker both told me not to tell many people about being PG since I could miscarry. Now I can't get it out of my head! I was so excited to tell ppl but now I just don't know. Ill be seeing my OB for a second ultrasound in 2 weeks at which point ill be 7 1/2 weeks. My question is, should I be as concerned as they want me to be?! I can't stress for another month!
April 4th, 2013, 01:11 PM
don't stress and try to reflex, the worst thing for a pregnant women is stress. ..
May 11th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Hi there.
I had 1 miscarriage at 7 weeks 6 days and i am pregnant again nearly 2 years later. Miscarriage was really hard on me, emotionally. So of course this time around I am SO paranoid! I know many people wait until they are 12-13 weeks, into their 2nd trimester to say anything because of miscarriage just in case. And I see why they would do that BUT if your anything like me your not good with keeping exciting news all bottled up AND if you ask me when your pregnant you have worries, concerns, you want it to go right especially after a miscarriage prior, so you want to tell people and want to be/feel supported/them listen to your concerns, etc. So don't feel bad for not waiting with telling people, nothing wrong with you telling people this early on.

I thought after my 1st miscarriage at how my family was so disappointed, i thought for sure i would keep quiet until the safe 2nd trimester this time....but i just couldn't be quiet about it. I sometimes wish i could have...but i need support agents you know. Stress is not good for the baby growing inside of you...just know you deserve support and one thing i keep reminding myself is it is either meant to be or not meant to be as far as miscarriages happening. It sucks...it isn't fair but the terrible thing is we can't control which way it will go. Worrying about it will only drive you crazy cause it did/does me. Try to relax and be positive for baby with high hopes. I hope everything works out for you!!! Take care!

-Kimmy
June 25th, 2013, 06:23 PM
When I was pregnant with my second pregnancy I was very happy and ended up miscarrying. It was emotional, but one thing that made me feel much better was my doctor told me that a miscarriage means that something was wrong and your body knew it. So if it happens (which I'm sure it won't), it will just mean your body did what was best and you will have another one. Which is what happened to me, and my daughter is wonderful! : ) So just stay healthy and trust your body.

Mommy of two, 3rd on the way
www.healthyfitnessmom.com
July 3rd, 2013, 08:49 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was paranoid about miscarrying my whole pregnancy. I simply couldn't believe that I was pregnant (I've had PCOS for literally half of my life and never thought I could get pregnant, let alone accidentally). My family has had problems carrying children to term including miscarriages. I was terrified. I didn't tell anyone but my SO and my parents until I was 16 weeks. And even then I was cautious about getting excited. I was also working a very stressful and physically demanding job and worried that would have an effect on the baby. As you can see from my ticker below, my baby girl is here. I had a pretty easy pregnancy. All the worrying was for nothing. It's completely natural, though. Don't stress about stressing! Like the other ladies have said, if a miscarriage is going to happen there is nothing you can do about it and it means that the baby wasn't healthy to begin with. One thing that helped me is reminding myself that I was a healthy, strong woman and there was no reason my body couldn't handle pregnancy as long as the baby was healthy.

Good luck!

July 5th, 2013, 04:44 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
I think every single woman has concern of miscarriage when they are pregnant. It's something we really can't control a whole lot.

When I was pregnant, I was going to wait the "traditional" 12 weeks before telling my friends, family members and co-workers. I ended up telling my Mom right away, inlaws right away and co-workers/boss at about 6 1/2 weeks. I figured that if the pregnancy did end up in miscarriage, I'd want them to know anyways.

Try not to stress out. Enjoy every day that you are pregnant

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search