Bleeding in the First Trimester?

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Samantha- Loving my baby♥
Hey everyone, I just found out i was pregnant (approx 6 weeks) and on Monday night I rushed out to emerge because of vaginal spotting. They gave me an ultrasound and said the baby seemed fine, and my blood and urine tests suggested everything was alright but I had a bladder infection. The next day when i started on the pills I started to get more bleeding (not a lot came out, mostly when i wiped.) again freaked out i called telehealth, who told me to see a doctor in 2-3 days if it doesnt go away... That was Tuesday and it still continues to bleed and even gives me cramps. The blood is sometimes pink, brown, or red. But it still isnt enough to fill a pad. Im just wonderig if anyone else has had this or if its from my pills for the bladder infection? Did you go on yo have healthy pregnancies? So many people have told me not to worry but its hard not to!

Thanks.
April 28th, 2013, 07:50 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is my first time lurking in this board.. I just wanted to say, try not to worry.. Here is what happened to me..

At about 6 weeks pregnant I was spotting off and on all week. I was worrying but called and was told not to worry unless I fill a pad within an hour or get really bad cramping.. Well, at exactly 7 weeks I got some really big clots (just bigger than a quarter). I was in a panic at work and couldnt keep it together so I left to the ER. After sitting there for 4 hours and then another hour waiting on the doctor to come in, they did an ultrasound. I was thinking the clot was bigger than the baby at this point so I must have lost him. Well, they did a trans vaginal ultrasound and managed to find the baby had implanted safely in my uterus and I saw the little blob with a head and a heartbeat moving around in there. I finally relaxed. They also said I had bacterial vaginosis somehow and gave me antibiotics for a week (which later I learned they probably shouldnt have) yet baby was fine. I am now 26+ weeks pregnant and the baby is just perfect. I know its hard to worry, though. I hope you get to see that little heartbeat soon. I was told in the ER that once the baby implants in the uterus safely they usually make it to full healthy pregnancies.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
May 1st, 2013, 07:20 PM
Samantha- Loving my baby♥
Thank you very much! i saw my family doctor and an ultrasound technician (however they wouldnt let me see becuase i cane though the ER )) and was reassure that the baby was 7 weeks old & perfectly fine. My hormone levels had risen and they told me that bleeding was very very common in early pregnancy. The bleeding has now stopped and i am finally able to breathe and relax ! I hope others read this and get the peace of mind
May 2nd, 2013, 07:09 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
The blood may be from your bladder infection.

Personally, I spotted from week 5.5 to 17. I had ultrasounds and tests and it was never determined why I spotted on and off during that time.

I went on to have a healthy baby girl though I know how stressfull spotting is, but it doesn't mean there are problems with the pregnancy! *hugs*

June 25th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Bleeding can be common. You should not be afraid to keep in touch with your doctor and ask lots of questions.

Tags
bleeding , cramping , first trimester , pain , round ligament pain

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search