Keeping Track of Prenatal Vitamins?

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2013, 12:16 PM
Hello,
There is a lot of advice out there about what prenatal vitamins to take, but I seem to be the only one having trouble keeping track of everything. I have never been a big pill taker and can't seem to stay on top of what to take and when. I keep missing doses. Any good advice on best ways to manage prenatal vitamins would be appreciated. Are there any good tips that might help me?

Thanks.
May 2nd, 2013, 07:05 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
What vitamins are you taking? Just a prenatal, or additional supplements?

The way I remember is by keeping a pill case, like this: Buy PharmaSystems Large Pill & Vitamin Planner from Canada at Well.ca - Free Shipping

I put a magnet on the back and I either put it on my fridge or at work on my magnetic task board. That way I rarely forget to take them...and I try to take them with my meals.

You can also put a reminder in your phone!

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

May 22nd, 2013, 07:09 AM
strong mama <3
you are not alone, I also keep forgetting! And on baby #3 you think I would be used to it, but for some reason I just don't think of it everyday because I don't take vitamins when I'm not pregnant so its just not a habit for me. I also recently got a pill box and keep it right out on my kitchen table, keep them somewhere were you are certain to see it everyday! Don't put them away in a cabinet- out of sight out of mind. Also, try to start a routine of taking it with the same meal every day- so you can get in the habit of taking one every day with lunch, it will hopefully become automatic. good luck!
May 28th, 2013, 06:05 AM
BeamerMarie- Due Jan 2012
I have a reminder set on my cell phone so it will go off each day and remind me.
June 12th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Formerly ConnorMorgan
Yeah if you aren't used to taking something daily, it can be hard to remember. I will be setting a reminder on my phone if I have a hard time. Make it part of your bedtime routine.

My Beautiful Children
Morgan - Jan 2006
Alastrin - Apr 2007

Liam - Mar 2011
Aria - Feb 2014
June 25th, 2013, 06:07 PM
I take the prenatal two pack where there is the regular prenatal vitamin and then the additional DHA one. I found myself forgetting too so I put them next to my bed and take them before bed.

Tags
pregnancy , prenatal vitamins

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search