morning sickness relief?

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 13th, 2013, 03:36 AM
Hi I am now pregnant and currently annoyed with morning sickness. I found some remedy tips from my research but I think it would be more reliable if I ask tips from moms here who found it effective.

Looking forward to your suggestions. Thanks
May 13th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Depending on how severe it is, you may be able to get a prescription for something like Zofran to help with how you're feeling.

For me personally, I ate a 1/4cup of sunflower seeds each day. Apparently they have lots of B vitamins, which can help with morning sickness.

Gingerale was also helpful for me. I would also boil ginger root and drink the "tea" made from it.

May 13th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
I used ginger chews by the company Ginger People. Worked pretty well when actually nauseous to calm it down.

To prevent my morning sickness when I ended up with HG I took 100 mg b6 at night along with a Unisom tablet. Worked miracles!

May 18th, 2013, 09:29 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
I totally agree with the B vits and taking fresh ginger and slicing off a couple pieces and adding boiling water to it letting it steep for as long as you like. I just kept mine in it til it was drinkable and left it in.

Rest is important and eating small frequent light meals with protein.

Hope your feeling a bit better!!
June 25th, 2013, 06:17 PM
The best way to fight morning sickness for me was to never allow my self to get hungry. Being dehydrated or hungry makes it much worse. Since morning sickness makes it difficult to eat try eating small meals frequently and always have some water with you. Plus the usual mild food helps a lot too. Things that really helped me prevent the my morning sickness from getting out of hand:
Drink a full glass of water when you wake up and have a small snack
Get fresh air
Eat mild foods, I loved snacking on dry cereal or eating raw almonds and walnuts
I always carried a snack in my purse and water in case I felt it coming on.

Mommy of two, 3rd on the way
www.healthyfitnessmom.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search