Ultrasound Question

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 24th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Hi ladies - I just wanted to share my experience and hoping to find anyone with a similar experience.

My last period started on March 21. I didn't chart so I do not know when I ovulated, but my cycles are usually 32 days. I tested at home in late April and got negatives until May 1 when I got my first positive (very faint). The doc gave me a blood test on May 2nd and they said it indicated early pregnancy but never gave me the number. I got another blood test 1 week later on May 9th and the HCG level was 1900. They scheduled me for a transvaginal ultrasound on May 22nd. On the ultrasound the doc saw a gestation sac, yolk sac and a small fetal pole (he didn't measure it). They did not find a heartbeat. They wook more blood then and the HCG levels came back at 22,000. I am now scheduled for another ultrasound in 2 weeks. Should I be worried?
May 24th, 2013, 11:57 AM
strong mama <3
I haven't experienced anything like that but just wanted to reply to say I wish you the best! try not to stress too much over the next 2 weeks, I know easier said than done, but try to relax and remember that whatever happens was meant to be!

Many times doctors may not see a heartbeat yet if its too early in the pregnant- which is probably why they want to try again in two weeks. In my experience, I've gotten very faint positives and then when I did get to the doc for first ultrasounds I was surprised to find I was over a week behind in the pregnancy than I thought I was (and I was going off of my last period date, which is usually very regular) My doctor said it could have been due to when I actually conceived.
May 24th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the response! I try not to worry but we all know how that goes. I feel better that my levels are not on the decline and I will continue to remain calm unless I see some bleeding or something. Thanks again for your reply!
May 24th, 2013, 04:23 PM
strong mama <3
yea its definitely a good sign that your hormones went up so much!
June 4th, 2013, 10:45 PM
Lovie's Avatar Veteran
Hello,
From what I understand, that is pretty early to always find a heartbeat. I think there is nothing to worry about. I am on my 3rd pregnancy, 9 weeks now..and I am not even going in for my first prenatal apt until 11 weeks because with my 2nd baby, I went in at 10 weeks, and the dr could not find the heartbeat with the Doppler, and it caused uneedeed worry when nothing was wrong, it was just *too early*. =) Keep us updated with what happens at your next apt which should be soon, right?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search