5 Weeks Pregnant and I've been Googling too much! Help...

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Urchin

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 4th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Well ladies, I initially started on this page with the "Am I pregnant" forums. This was an unplanned pregnancy and I was definitely shocked, scared and even a little sad when I found out through a blood test that I was indeed pregnant.

Since then, it has sinked in and I am at 5 weeks pregnant. I am having morning sickness (random times throughout the day), sore nipples, a few light cramps here and there and some dizzy spells. I also get a light off-white milky discharge from below that results in me rushing to the bathroom often to make sure I do not have blood stained panties!

So I can only assume symptoms are a good sign...right? The only thing is in July of 2011, I got pregnant. For personal reasons, which I am ashamed of, I had a medically induced abortion...the one where you take one pill there and another at home. I hadn't found out I was pregnant back then until I was 6 weeks along and I had not one pregnancy symptom though.

With all the research I have been doing online it seems that so many women suffer from miscarriages. Either that, or so many women that have them go online to talk about it for support while the ones who don't have miscarriages hardly get on any sites. So now, I am worried I am not going to have a healthy pregnancy and will begin bleeding and cramping at work or something and find out I had a miscarriage. I even had a nightmare about it a few nights ago. I am 26 y/o, second pregnancy, but first one carried out. My mother had 5 healthy babies, all ONE year apart. My grandmother had 12 healthy babies but lost her 13th baby during birth. My other grandmother had 4 healthy babies. None of them had any miscarriages. But studies don't seem to point to genes being the reason for or not for a miscarriage happening. I think I sit and try to use that to justify that it will all be okay. I also sit and wonder if I had went through with the pregnancy in July of 2011 would that of been successful or resulted in a miscarriage?

Although this was far from a planned pregnancy, now that I have created this little one inside me I already feel attached and like I want to do all in my power to make it a healthy pregnancy. I am so fresh into this, just 5 weeks and I hear most women online saying theirs happened anywhere between 4 weeks-11 weeks into their pregnancy. This is an EXTREMELY long time to wait and maintain my sanity. I know stress isn't good for me or the baby, so are there any words of comfort here? Or knowledge someone can shed...

Thanks in advance, Ladies!
July 5th, 2013, 05:23 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Unfortunately, the unknowns during pregnancy are something we all have to navigate through. I think each and every woman goes through the exact same worry.

I worried from the moment I became pregnant to birth.. lol I had numerous complications that always kept me a little on edge. Even then though, I did my best to enjoy every moment of my pregnancy. ..heck to be 100% honest, the worry never stops. I still worry about my daughter and she's almost 2 now..haha. Unfortunately when we become mothers, we also need to find a way to find a balance with how emotionally vulnerable we suddenly have become!

Miscarriage is something that can happen, but just remember, more people will give birth than have miscarriages, and in most cases (unless you're abusing yourself), miscarriage is not something you can avoid or control.

*hugs*

Just try to enjoy every day that you're pregnant!
Lyndsey2013 likes this.

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

July 5th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Thanks so much. It is so hard and I know you're right when you say every woman goes through this....I just don't know how they make it past this is all! At my first ultrasound in a few weeks do you think they will be able to tell if everything looks healthy?
July 5th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeronicaMarz View Post
Thanks so much. It is so hard and I know you're right when you say every woman goes through this....I just don't know how they make it past this is all! At my first ultrasound in a few weeks do you think they will be able to tell if everything looks healthy?
The early ultrasound is very good at picking up whether or not baby is growing on track. Early ultrasounds are good at determining how far along you are. If there is a heartbeat, they say statistically, your risk of miscarriage goes WAY down.

Good luck and keep us all updated

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search