Difficulty Handling Stress

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 28th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Hi - I'm new to these message boards but hopefully I will be frequenting them for the next several months.

So, I have a lot going on in my life right now. Not trying to have a pity party for myself, just wondering if anyone has some stress-relief tips that might help.

6 weeks ago I found out I was pregnant (we were already engaged.) The day before my out-of-town wedding 3 weeks ago, my dad was hospitalized - he was having a hard time breathing and they immediately put him in ICU. The next day someone was able to use skype so we could see each other during my wedding so yay for technology. Within a week the doctors had diagnosed him with end-stage pancreatic cancer. A few days later they were able to bring him home for hospice and he passed away a week ago. Besides the grief, all the chaos put a lot of strain on our new marriage. We are currently struggling to find an affordable apartment and my husband just got a new job. I'm so sick that I'm having a hard time working and we are having financial troubles. Im worried about my mom being alone and she lives 2 hours away from me. My husband has some anger/temper issues that we have been working on and we have issues with his parents. I am nauseous 90 percent of the time.

I started getting headaches about the time they brought my dad home for hospice and they have slowly been getting worse. Yesterday my chest started feeling tight and after a fight with my hubby this afternoon my throat has felt tight too. I don't sit and dwell on any of these things but I'm starting to feel like the stress is really getting to me and I don't want to have to take medicine and I know tylenol is "safe" but I don't want to have to take it everyday.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
October 24th, 2013, 04:20 AM
phosphatidlyserine is safe to take in pregnancy - it is found in high quantities in organ meat like liver but the capsules sold in healthfood stores are usually made from soy or sunflower lecithin instead of meat. It reduces cortisol, the stress hormone.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search