should be 10 weeks baby measured 6 weeks but no heartbeat now what?

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 10th, 2013, 01:36 AM
I had my second appt today. Per my period dates I should be 10 weeks, the dr did a transvag and my baby only measuredto 6 weeks and 1 day but no heartbeat. She sent me for lab work to confim a miscarriage but it will be several days before I know anything. Looking at the day I conceived my baby would be 6 weeks From the conception date. Is there any possibility I am still pregnant? I am still nauseous, boobs are larger and painful, and fatigued. If the info is correct my baby would have died a month ago. I am so depressed now anyone have any words of wisdom?
December 11th, 2013, 01:04 PM
rachelc0's Avatar 2 sons, 3 angel babies
well, at 6 weeks, depending on the embryo, it may just be hard to find the heartbeat. i remember with all the kids, that's all i wanted to see on that 6 week ultrasound was a heartbeat. you may even be even earlier than 6 weeks, since from what i'm told 6 weeks is almost the earliest a heartbeat could be detected via transvag. i don't understand why it would take several days to get that test back. anybody else know?

your situation is hard, i'm sorry. you want there to be a baby, but you don't want to get attached to something if you turn out to miscarry it. keep us in the loop!
December 12th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Well the blood work I got back showed my hcg leval dropped by 4000. The dr has said its a miscarriage and scheduled a d&c for next week. I am tempted to ask for 1 more ultrasound just to make sure there is no change in the baby before I do the d &c. I still haven't had any miscarriage symtoms and am still nauseous and fatigued and sore boobs. I think I have to know from more than just bloodwork so I dont feel like I am killing my baby before I do a D&C. I have been doing lots of reading and if I had twins and now I dont that would account for the drop in hcg levals. Im sure thats not the case but I want to know for sure before I do anything that cant be undone.
December 12th, 2013, 03:49 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Sometimes your body can hold onto a pregnancy and you can still have all the symptoms, even though the baby has stopped developing. If you feel at all uncomfortable about the D&C, though, I'd ask for the ultrasound. If I were in your shoes, I would demand another ultrasound.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

December 12th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Thanks, that is what I am going to do just for piece of mind.
December 17th, 2013, 11:41 AM
rachelc0's Avatar 2 sons, 3 angel babies
that's a pretty significant drop in HCG. with a natural miscarriage, your body would expell the embryo on it's own fairly quickly, but KMH is right that a D&C would be needed if your body isn't doing what it should. is there a chance that baby is ok? yes, but with that drop in your HCG, unfortunately it's a very slim chance. you should have another ultrasound just to be sure, but odds are your baby has stopped developing but your body hasn't started to miscarry yet.

good luck to you! xx

10/06/2008 - Miscarriage @ 6wks
12/08/2009 - Healthy Baby Boy
11/02/2011 - Healthy Baby Boy
06/09/2014 - Stillborn @ 39wks 6days
08/09/2014 - Miscarriage @ 5wks
January 28th, 2014, 11:27 PM
Regular
Really your situation is very difficult but one thing I also would like to know that can doctor really predict the size of baby correctly it is very difficult to decide when one have conceived. Let us know what doctor says and how are you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search