Fatigue. . does it ever go away?

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2014, 11:34 AM
I am 10 weeks pregnant with my first child. I am also a student and work two part time jobs. The fatigue is making it very difficult for me to stay alert at work, then come home and do school work.

Does this go away at all during the pregnancy? I need one or two naps to get through the day, and that's not always something I can afford to do.

Are there any tips or tricks to make functioning like a normal adult possible with all this fatigue?
March 23rd, 2014, 01:38 PM
Super Mommy
In a few weeks you should get a little boost of energy in your second trimester. However I didnt get my boost of energy because I had gestational Diabetes
May 16th, 2014, 02:13 AM
oh my I am always so so so tired in the first trimester. I also need to take two naps, go to sleep early. Its really hard. But by the time the second trimester comes along you should be feeling much better, and even the third trimester, while it is tiring, is not nearly as bad as the first.
June 26th, 2014, 01:18 AM
Veteran
During my 1st trimester I was very lazy.I sleep most of the time.I couldn't even go to work that's why I decided to stop working,aside from suffering too much on morning sickness I just feel so helpless.But on my 2nd trimester I'm a lil bit back to normal but I gained weight that's why I'm kinda slow.I feel a lot better now on my 3rd tri.excited to see my boy on august.
June 26th, 2014, 01:54 PM
Soooo tired with all three first trimesters. With my first two, I thought it would be a small miracle if I didn't get fired during the first trimester.

Last edited by pregnantlonghorn; June 26th, 2014 at 04:01 PM.
July 4th, 2014, 09:41 PM
ducksaresnazzy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i hear it goes away around 18 years after giving birth.

jokes aside.. i was always tired during my pregnancy. i was lucky that i worked the evening shift (3-10) so i could get a quick nap before work and go to bed immediately after. but when i worked days, the busy rush was right about the time i napped for my evening shifts. i was in a restaurant and the only worker (small family owned, not my family though) so i would just tell people it would be a little longer than it would take me to actually make it, so i didn't have to rush. when the customers came in and saw my belly *normally* they didn't complain.

eventually, you do get used to it all. or you start running on autopilot.
July 22nd, 2014, 03:38 AM
I am sorry to hear that. Can't you let go of at least one of your part-time jobs? With your condition, I think you need lots of time for relaxation as it would also affect your child's health.
July 31st, 2014, 12:35 PM
purp1988's Avatar First Time Mommy
I was more tired in my first trimester, but I am still tired in my second, the difference is the morning sickness is gone so I feel a heck of a lot better. Hang in there
August 12th, 2014, 03:04 AM
That is normal, though eating energy-giving foods and having lots of water also can help with feeling fatigued most of the time. Taking my prenatal vitamins consistently helped a lot as well as eating food rich in vitamin Bs But eventually you'll feel better.
September 18th, 2014, 06:58 PM
I noticed a huge difference when I was about half way through my second trimester. You'll hit a "nesting" stage where you'll want to be up and about running around.
October 15th, 2014, 08:35 PM
ashnichole2326's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ashnichole2326
I remember how exhausted I was when I was pregnant with Grace, but it did get better with second trimester. I'm now 6 weeks with my second and feelling even more tired than last time. Cannot wait until this part has passed.

Thanks GraysMama for my beautiful new siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search