Pre-Partem Depression?

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2014, 10:15 AM
Regular
We went through IVF to conceive, and have been lucky enough to get it first try! I am into my 11th weeks, with 2nd ultrasound this Friday. Everythings progressing normally, I have finally gotten the courage and told all my family, and even the morning sickness (which started early at 5 weeks), has passed about a week to 2 weeks ago. But now comes the trouble... other then my pants fitting a bit snug, I feel nothing. No morning sickness, no kicks, no nothing... and I know I am still pregnant, and was warned of this... but basically it seems to be screwing with me and with my hormones at a heightened state, I don't think im bonding the way I should be... am not excited. Im not nervous. I feel like crying a lot, but otherwise I just feel... nothing. And that's scaring me.

Add to that, my husband and I had plans to go to this biiiig once a year expo for expectant mothers, bought the tickets, and then he got told his business trip was moved up to that date. He cant say no. Same day, we were told that we were denied for a new apartment... We make enough money, but my husband lost his job a few years back and our credit took a header... Its still recovering... And just for applying, we lose $40 of the $100 deposit, and need to reapply with a cosigner for another $100...

Basically, everything is going just ****** and I am more depressed then I have ever felt in my whole life. I don't want to work, cant focus, not eating well, stomach in knots, and all I want to do is sleep, but I keep having nightmares (a fun symptom of early pregnancy I guess) and cant even sleep when I get the chance!
TTC #1 through IVF
ER Sunday, Feb 23 - 6eggs retrieved
3 fertilized
ET 1 embryo, grade 9AG on Feb 26
BFP on Mar 7, 8, 9... BETA Confirmed Mar 10th, w/248, second BETA Mar 17th w/2977!

April 27th, 2014, 07:25 PM
Spottts's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry things are so rough right now. I'd talk with your OB. There are meds you can try if that's what you and the doctor think is best. Counseling/therapy can helpful, too.
May 16th, 2014, 01:06 AM
I'm so sorry your going through such a hard time. Pre-partum depression does not get as much air time as postpartum depression, but it is very real and can be totally debilitating. Adding to it is the voices in our heads that say we should not feel this way, we've waited so long ect. I'd definitely advise speaking to a therapist and perhaps medication. You are not alone and you don't have to suffer!
June 26th, 2014, 12:46 PM
I felt the exact same way. Couldn't get off the couch. For me it got better with time.

Last edited by pregnantlonghorn; June 26th, 2014 at 02:59 PM.
July 27th, 2014, 08:17 PM
Hi there, I am sorry you are going through this at your stage. You just pray and pray and think happy thoughts so that what is happening with your life now can be straitened out. Because if you allow negative thoughts in you there will be no more positive going in to help you recover. Only allow positive things right now because everyone is having a trial with their lives and think of this just a trial that will pass. I know you can pass this because everyone does and you sure can. Good luck and God Bless.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search