Boy or Girl?

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2014, 11:28 AM
I had an ultrasound done at 14 weeks, and didn't get any hints to whether the baby was a boy or girl from the tech. She did go in between the baby's legs at one point, and I'm sure I think I saw penis and maybe balls at one point, but she moved the ultrasound wand so fast that the image was fading in and out (I assume she was looking at the legs.)

My boyfriend and I already have a 1 year old son, and I'd love a daughter, but I just have a gut feeling this one will be a boy too. During the ultrasound, we were referring to the baby as "He" and the ultrasound tech did too, even before seeing his crotch shot. When my boyfriend asked her how sure we could be that it was a boy, the tech was mum.

I keep staring at these pics, trying to spot the notorious "nub", but I think it cuts off before you can see a visible nub. I am now 17 weeks and am finding out the gender this weekend. Just for fun, what do you guys think this little one is?

I know you can't see a gender shot in these pictures! The whole point is for guessing for fun!

http://www.ingender.com/Forum/posts_peep.aspx

I put a link of the pics because I couldn't get them to upload here

Last edited by npbaby92; May 6th, 2014 at 11:30 AM.
May 7th, 2014, 07:02 AM
rachelc0's Avatar 2 sons, 3 angel babies
at 14 weeks, it's really too early for almost anybody to get a good look at the gender, mostly because they are all going to look like nubs, and that may be why the tech was hesitant to say anything. it's better to wait it out another 6 weeks or so and have another ultrasound done then it is to, essentially, guess from this one.

with my second baby, i had my ultrasound at about 18 weeks and was told it was a girl. we were super excited because we already had a boy. but i didn't deliver a little girl, out came boy #2 for us which was shocking. so it's better to wait as long as possible.

your gut instinct may also be right too. with this third pregnancy, i was pretty certain it was a girl until about 3 weeks before my ultrasound. all of a sudden i just knew it was a boy. sure enough, in about a month i'll be delivering boy #3.

as hard as it is not to focus on the gender (because little girl and little boy stuff is just too darn cute) try to avoid anything gender-specific until you are absolutely sure you know what it is. don't be like me and my husband who had to return A TON of little dresses because they just weren't going to look right on our son.

10/06/2008 - Miscarriage @ 6wks
12/08/2009 - Healthy Baby Boy
11/02/2011 - Healthy Baby Boy
06/09/2014 - Stillborn @ 39wks 6days
08/09/2014 - Miscarriage @ 5wks
09/03/2014 - Chemical Pregnancy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search