We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
So I am 9.5 weeks pregnant with my first child, and we have not told anyone yet.
My eldest sister used a midwife for all of her children and I really like the look of it, the care and just how smoothly things went. She seemed really happy with and felt it was more like having a friend then a doctor.
Though this pregnancy is wanted, it kinda came at a surprising and sort of difficult time, we are currently in between homes(& cities) living with my in-laws and my SO has a temp job. He is expecting a job interview in a different city (5hrs away) and it's a job that we are hoping he will get. However if he doesn't not get this job, we will continue to live in our current city (of course moving out of the in-laws).
So my question is about the midwives. Do I go for a midwife appt like I wanted or go with OB/GYN as we may be moving? If I do go with a midwife do I inform them that there is a possibility I may be moving, or just wait for the moment (if it does happen) and tell them I have to move?
I'm just very confused with my situation with not knowing what exactly will happen. I was just really wanting a midwife since I don't have a family doctor and recently have been messed around by the walk in clinics and I'm afraid the OB/GYN will be the same deal.
Any opinions or advice would be greatly appreciated!