heart burn?

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 13th, 2014, 01:51 AM
Hi! new here...

I am three months pregnant with my third and I guess I got lucky with my previous pregnancies but this time I'm getting heartburn already! ugh! I'd really like to avoid popping tums all day. Any natural remedies that really worked for you?

TIA
May 13th, 2014, 07:49 AM
rachelc0's Avatar 2 sons, 4 angel babies
i really didn't have heartburn until my third as well, so i researched it and found a couple of good tips:

-always wait a half hour AT LEAST, after eating before laying down or reclining. this way it will keep the food digesting in your stomach and won't start to creep up your esophogas

-watch what you eat. somethings more likely to give you heartburn like spicy foods, etc you should try to avoid.

-watch how much you eat. this one i've always had trouble with, but overloading your belly with food can make it worse. eat smaller meals throughout the day.
06/09/2014 - Stillborn @ 39wks 6days
08/09/2014 - Miscarriage @ 5wks
09/03/2014 - Chemical Pregnancy
May 13th, 2014, 08:33 AM
LUSHaye's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Everything PP said. Sometimes chewing gum can help ward off heartburn. Sips of milk can help. But mine ended up being so bad that I was given a prescription. Even ice cream gave me heartburn. Just a mess.
May 16th, 2014, 02:00 AM
Thank you! I think I'll try eating smaller meals more frequently, right now I basically only eat two big meals a day - maybe that will turn things around! thanks!
May 28th, 2014, 02:56 PM
Firefighter Mama's Avatar Veteran
I'be had major acid reflux problems from the timeI was a kid and the best fix for it is SUPER simple. Take 1 teaspoon of baking soda and mix it in a cup of cold water. Sip a few swallows (sounds gross but trust me!) And the heartburn will disappear instantly
June 26th, 2014, 01:08 AM
Veteran
I've been having heart burns also and I really hate it.thanks a lot for the info.
July 25th, 2014, 06:59 AM
I have heartburns too and rachelc0 is right about the food and the amount. Just curious, what's your eating habit so i can give you advice (on which to avoid)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search