going to be MAMA soon!!!

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 26th, 2014, 01:16 AM
Hi,all, I am so happy that I think I have to share with someone.
I finally can announce that I pregnant for 3 months, I just confirmed with my doctor today,horray!
I have a healthy baby, i am so happy!
I am just so nervous and excited, I knew that I have to prepare a lot for my pregnancy, but I have no idea at all, can some experienced mother share some info with me? I wish that i can be well prepared pregnant lady!
thanks a lot for the sharing^^

May 27th, 2014, 12:00 AM
hi theresako, i am a mom of two kids now. erm, i remember that i do have teeth bleeding problem during pregnancy. so, i would suggest you to change your toothbrush first which you can use a toothbrush with softer bristles because when you are pregnant, you teeth will bleed easily when you brush it. i'm using Systema brand toothbrush and it is really good on me. you can get it from any shopping mall easily.
May 27th, 2014, 10:04 AM
congratz to u yoo theresako ^^
fatthippo is right.. gum bleeding during pregnancy is real common..
but this common prob cant b overlooked..
as if it left untreated may lead to a more serious prob that we call periodontitis that will weakens the tissue and bone that keep ur teeth anchored in your jaw.
the pockets btween ur gums and ur teeth will thn getting bigger, until ur teeth start to loosen and one or more tooth falls out
but dun too worry bout tis as tis level of damage only happens if the disease is left to get to an advanced stage.
u can limit the damage and prevent periodontitis frm getting worse by keeping ur teeth and gums clean..
even though it makes ur gums bleed, brushing regularly will actually help..
so a softer toothbrush tat specially designed for pregnant women is really help at here..
rmb, try not to rinse after brushing, as this will reduce the desensitising effect of the toothpaste and dun 4get to brush btween ur teeth.
May 28th, 2014, 09:04 PM
i would recommend the systema sensitive toothbrush.. its more used by pregnant women.. gum bleeding is just one of the highest sensitivities when pregnant and you must take good care of yourself to prevent it from getting worse or you can consult a dentist or your gynacologist
May 29th, 2014, 01:50 AM
hi,theresako, congratzs!
my gum bleeding also,i m so worried so go to my dentist for checking.
my dentist told me that my gum sensitive due to pregnancy,I should take care of my teeth carefully thn normal.
I found some useful info when I was pregnant last year.
pregnant lady easily get teeth or gum disease when pregnant.
so oral care is important,brush ur teeth at least 2 daily for ur oral care.
u can buy a soft and super slim bristled toothbrush, this type of toothbrush can use to clean hard-to-reach areas such as back teeth, in between teeth and gum pockets.
for more details, u can search from below link
southernlion.com.my/en/product/tips_hypersensitivity_during_pregnancy.html
May 29th, 2014, 11:15 PM
congratulations theresako! i had a 7 months pregnant as well.. hehe.. due on July.. i would like to advice you to change your toothbrush asap la cause if not really will cause bleeding when brushing teeth.. if after you change your toothbrush, there's still excessive bleeding, then you need to check with the doctor to get a more professional advice.. anyway, good luck and enjoy your pregnancy!
May 30th, 2014, 07:35 AM
Hey! and congrats on your pregnancy! i hope everything will be great!. Anyway, i can advice you though since my mum taught me to prepare some things to before my pregnancy last year. She said that, you may experience a lot of body changes. Such as, hair falling(some people) or gum bleeding. Its totally normal cause you know, hormones go up and down isnt? For gum bleeding, you need a proper tootbrush for it since your gum can be easily bleed. I'm not sure why but yea, maybe cause of pregnancy. My husband bought few tootbrush to for me last time and most of them makes my gum bleed until we found out this one brand. The name is Systema tootbrush. I'm sure you've heard of Systema name before. It is to control the amount of plaque in pregnant mother mouth and to prevent gingivitis, the Systema Sensitive Toothbrush is specially designed to control the pressure and relief the stress for sensetive teeth sufferers. Since then, i never experience any gum bleed when i brush my teeth anymore (Still it depends on people)

Well, i hope this little advice may help you and i hope you will have a healthy baby!
June 17th, 2014, 08:30 AM
I never had gum bleeding, so maybe you won't!
June 26th, 2014, 12:57 AM
Veteran
me too I don't have gum bleeding.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search