Introductions!

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 3rd, 2007, 02:20 PM
cheesecake's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi! My name is Sherilyn. I am 28. My dh and I have one daughter who is 8 months. Her name is Jaidyn Brenda. We live in Canada.

I am so happy to see this board! When I was pregnant I had Hyperemesis Gravidarum and really could have used more support. I was in and out of the hospital 6 times for dehydration.

Please introduce yourself and let us know why you are happy to see this board!

Sherilyn ~ Mama to Jade & Colt
January 3rd, 2007, 03:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi.

I had my baby 2 weeks ago I had hypermesis for 36 weeks and it was the worst time of my life.I have just gave birth and I am about 25 pounds ligther,I am too skinny to fit into any of me clothes as I lost so much weight.

Anyway I am here just to offer support to other mothers going through hypermesis because I know how much they need it.
January 3rd, 2007, 03:50 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I too had hyperemesis with two of my pregnancies, though much worse with my second as I was on home IV fluids from week 8 to 16. My third pregnancy was great though, no HG, just the normal morning sickness. I am here to offer support as I really wish that I had some when I was going through it!

January 3rd, 2007, 03:57 PM
samu2 - Your baby is so beautiful!!!

Alison79 - I'm glad to hear you didn't have HG the last time. Gives me hope!!

January 3rd, 2007, 06:07 PM
Hi Kathy! I'm glad to hear your morning sickness went away after 15 weeks. That's long enough! Thank goodness for Diclectin eh! I lived on that stuff. Of course it makes you so tired you can't do anything else but sleep. I had to quit my job too because of being sick. They kept sending me home from work because I was spending most of the day in the washroom throwing up. I hope you'll stick around so we can help support some other girls who are going through this now!

January 3rd, 2007, 07:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hello my name is Donise 23, I am expecting baby # 2 ( Girl ) March 1st. Me and DH have a 4 year old son named Brandon.

I have had REALLY bad sickness for the past 32 weeks ( I started having MS before I could get a postive pregnancy test ) The 1st 16 weeks I threw up morning, noon and night! I was not lucky enough to quit my job but spent most days close to a bathroom or trashcan ( sorry TMI ) and from 16 weeks - 24 weeks it was mostly in the mornings, and I had really bad nausea I feared getting out of bed in the morning b/c I knew there was not a chance that I was not going to throw up ( YUCK )
and from about 24 weeks to now I have had to deal with really bad acid reflux/heartburn issues and the pain I am in causes me to throw up everything. So I have not enjoyed this pregnancy at all.
I have learned to deal with the fact that I am going to be sick for the rest of the pregnancy but that just does not make it any easier.

I have tried everything under the sun and nothing worked for the morning sickness or inflammed esposghus ( sp )/acid reflux

Glad to see a board where us ladies can get some support and share stories.

Hi Kathy!!! ( March DDC girls )

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
January 3rd, 2007, 08:39 PM
Quote:
I started having MS before I could get a postive pregnancy test[/b]

Me too. In fact the MS is what made me think I might be pregnant. Did you have MS when you were pregnant with your son?

January 4th, 2007, 08:49 AM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to milfmama
my morning sickness was HORRIBLE ... mine was only like 1-2 times a day though ... but it was still bad enough .. i took promethazin(sp?) every night before bedtime and it SOMETIMES worked but rarely ... finally have been MS free for a whole week (sounds so funny..haha) and i am going on 28 weeks ... EVERYONE told me i was going to have a girl be/c of it and guess what.. I AM .. so im thinking it might be the gender thing but then again i dont know .. thats just my guess ... but i tried everything and nothing helped... hopefully i got MS for my last time this pregnancy (fingers crossed)

<div align="center">

</div>
January 4th, 2007, 10:28 AM
mrobinson
Hi I'm Michelle..

Umm, after reading all the intros.. I just got over m/s but I'm not even close to the extreme you all were. I felt sick all day, but I didn't even throw up. I'm sorry to hear how bad it was for you all. I'm really glad this board is here.
January 4th, 2007, 01:03 PM
milfmama - I hope you don't get any more M/S. A lot of people say you are more likely to have bad morning sickness if you are having a girl but I'm sure there are lots of exceptions.

Michelle - Welcome to the board! Sick is sick! I'm sure there will be lots of girls coming to the board (once word gets out!) like you who were nauseas but didn't actually throw up. I hope you stick around!

January 4th, 2007, 01:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
I started having MS before I could get a postive pregnancy test[/b]

Me too. In fact the MS is what made me think I might be pregnant. Did you have MS when you were pregnant with your son?
[/b]

I did but only for the 1st 12 weeks and it was not near as bad as this time around
~ I dont know how much more stomach acid I have floating around in there ~ LOL

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
January 4th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
My name is Emma, i'm 23 - and had my daughter Gaby, on October 26. I was lucky enough NOT to experience HG, however I did experience some pretty bad, regular morning sickness, well, all day sickness, for the first trimester, and then every now and then until I gave birth..... I know how horrible m/s is, and how dreadful it can make you feel, so i'm really just here to offer some support

January 4th, 2007, 02:35 PM
Welcome Emma! Gaby is adorable!!! I'm glad you are here to offer support to those who need it!

January 4th, 2007, 11:00 PM
Super Mommy
I'm here to offer support. My last pregnancy was really tough.
January 5th, 2007, 09:56 AM
sarabella
Hi I'm Sara and I'm new to the board. I'm about 5-6 weeks pregnant and already my morning sickness is horrible. I am extremely nauseous ALL day long and ALL night. I barely sleep because I'm so nauseous and the only things I seem to be able to eat are crackers and Crispix cereal.

I WISH I could throw up... at least it would make the nausea worthwhile...

There have been times where I've prayed for miscarriage or really reconsidered my decision not to have an abortion because it's been so bad....like right now.
January 6th, 2007, 10:27 PM
mrobinson
Quote:
There have been times where I've prayed for miscarriage or really reconsidered my decision not to have an abortion because it's been so bad....like right now. [/b]

Girl, I can't even complain compared to the other stories here but after three weeks, I said to DH that I respect other's right to abortion even more now because I felt so crappy for (what felt like) so long. I hate to say that because we really want this baby... I can't imagine after a few weeks of hard throwing up what I'd be wishing for.. My heart goes out to you.
~Michelle
January 7th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My name is Christina. I have two sons. Jay is 19 months and Jonathan is almost 2 months old. When I was pregnant with Jay I had severe hyperemesis. The problem was my insurance did not want to cover my zofran. I could not keep fluids or food down and would constatly heave. I was in and out of the hospital about 11 times and had a PICC line put in. With my 2nd pregnancy I had HG again but it was not as bad.

I think its great that there is this board. Women who have severe m/s really need support.
January 8th, 2007, 08:02 AM
~*~Megan~*~'s Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to ~*~Megan~*~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~*~Megan~*~
Hi! Im Megan, 24 year old mommy to 3. My oldest i had your typical morning sickness went away after 12 weeks ect..My daughter i had Hyperemesis Gravidarum. It was horrible. It started at 5 weeks and never went away till i had her...The first half of the pregnancy was the worse..It kicked started preterm labor at 21 weeks because of dehydration which thankfully they were able to get under control..I was praying god to either make it stop or make me m/c cuz i was so sick and couldn't take it any longer. (shoulda known then she was my most interesting to raise lol) ..And now she has a little brother now so i was brave (was actually scared to death) to get pregnant again..but i didn't have Hyperemesis Gravidarum with him i just had real bad reflux that was causing me to puke..but we got that taken care of real fast

</div>
January 10th, 2007, 01:03 AM
RmN32611's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to RmN32611
Hi im Rachel, I had my son Caleb on September 27th 2005

I had HG until about my 20th week, and it was HORRIBLE! It makes me consider not having another kid lol
I was hospitalized for about 3 days because of it, and I really pray that when I have another kid I dont get HG again.

Glad this board is here!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search