Hyperemesis Questions

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 3rd, 2007, 01:47 PM
cheesecake's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you or have you had HG?

How many times?

Are you afraid that is you go through another pregnancy you will have HG again?

My answers:

Do you or have you had HG? I had it with my dd

How many times? Just once as i've only been pregnant once.

Are you afraid that is you go through another pregnancy you will have HG again? YES!!

Sherilyn ~ Mama to Jade & Colt
January 3rd, 2007, 02:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yep had HG.I have three boys and had MS for 14 weeks but it was OK,this time I had a girl and had HG so it looks like it is a gender thing for me.

It does scare me to have another one and it will be a huge factor in whether or not we decide to have another baby.
January 3rd, 2007, 02:53 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you or have you had HG? Yes, with 2 pregnancies (both boys)

How many times? see above

Are you afraid that is you go through another pregnancy you will have HG again? Yes and no, since my last pregnancy I did not have it I am hoping that my body has somehow adjusted, though I suppose it could be a gender thing. If that's the case I hope for more girls!

January 3rd, 2007, 03:00 PM
cheesecake's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I guess I should be hoping for a boy next time then!!

Sherilyn ~ Mama to Jade & Colt
January 6th, 2007, 08:36 AM
~*~Megan~*~'s Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to ~*~Megan~*~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~*~Megan~*~
Do you or have you had HG? yes

How many times?once with my DD

Are you afraid that is you go through another pregnancy you will have HG again? i was scared when i got pregnant with my son..thankfully didnt have it with him tho

</div>
January 6th, 2007, 10:30 AM
OnesOnTheWay's Avatar #2 Due July 19, 2013
How do you know if you have "HG" or not ? Does the Doctor tell you ?
I am just asking because I've only been able to keep about 1 meal down a day.. and I dry heave through out the day. I don't really have too much nausea.. just vomiting with no real warning. Everytime I eat I have to go somewhere quiet so I can breathe through my nose and pray I don't throw up.
This started after 11 weeks when my all day nausea went away.

Does this sound like it may be hypermesis, or is it not severe enough ? My doctor said to call her if it doesn't go away in a few weeks. I haven't lost weight, I just haven't gained any. I've been drinking those high calorie ensure drinks.

Any advice ?
January 7th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Do you or have you had HG? yes

How many times? twice

Are you afraid that is you go through another pregnancy you will have HG again? Well I had a tubal ligation so no chances of that. Though before I got pregnant with my 2nd I was afraid of getting it again. Well I did. It was not as severe as the first time but I still had to take zofran.

Quote:
I am just asking because I've only been able to keep about 1 meal down a day.. and I dry heave through out the day. I don't really have too much nausea.. just vomiting with no real warning. Everytime I eat I have to go somewhere quiet so I can breathe through my nose and pray I don't throw up.

Does this sound like it may be hypermesis, or is it not severe enough ? My doctor said to call her if it doesn't go away in a few weeks. I haven't lost weight, I just haven't gained any. I've been drinking those high calorie ensure drinks.

Any advice ?[/b]
I was told by my ob that I had HG. Not sure that you have HG or not. With my first pregnancy I could not keep food or fluids down. I lost 13lbs when it was bad. If you are feeling that horrible talk to your ob about possibly starting medicine.
January 8th, 2007, 06:43 AM
~*~Megan~*~'s Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to ~*~Megan~*~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~*~Megan~*~
Quote:

Any advice ?[/b]

My dr had told me..I was in the hospital every week i couldn't keep any liquids or food down period ..i had also went from 129 prepregnancy to 110 at 5mths..it was bad...but if you are concerned ask your dr about possible anti nausea meds

</div>
January 9th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Do you or have you had HG? Yes, both times I've been pregnant, although the first time was worse.

How many times? twice

Are you afraid that is you go through another pregnancy you will have HG again? Yes, but it seems to be better this time...no ER trips...

January 13th, 2007, 07:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Do you or have you had HG? I had it, and I'm hoping it's gone away for good.

How many times? This is my first pregnancy, so once.

Are you afraid that is you go through another pregnancy you will have HG again? Yes. The husband wants three kids, but if I have it again with the 2nd pregnancy, I think I'll have us stop at two.
January 14th, 2007, 05:47 PM
duality's Avatar Miss Mama
Do you or have you had HG? I had it with Ayden, so once.

Are you afraid that is you go through another pregnancy you will have HG again? Ugh, yes.

January 20th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Do you or have you had HG? Yes, three times. All the times were with my boys. I didn't have it with Olivia (DD).

How many times? Three times.

Are you afraid that is you go through another pregnancy you will have HG again? Yes. I lost 31lb with my first. I literally was in the hospital every other day for the first half of my pregnancy. It wained down significantly after the beginning of my third trimester, only to start back up at the last week or two that I was pregnant. My first doctor (I changed doctors after I hit 6 months) kept telling me that there was nothing for me, that it was just all in my head, and that I could "stand to shed a few pounds anyway". My new doctor gave me the promethazine the first time I came in to see him (though I was about 6 months at the time, and it had started to wain down by then).

With my second pregnancy, I lost over 20lbs. It was awful. Again, I was in the hospital for a day or two (to be pumped with fluids), only to be sent back home and loose it all. As soon as I had my first appointment (around 5 weeks, since they couldn't get me in sooner), he gave me my miracle (or as close as you can get to a miracle) in a bottle - promethazine. The only thing is that it makes me just about comatose. Eh, beats having to sit in the hospital with fluids being gushed into you every other day.

I lost 7lbs with Jude, but I am thinking because I got the promethazine right away (around 5 weeks) and my pregnancy only lasted for 12 weeks, so it hindered alot of the weight loss.[/b]
Dang CeCe I think I would have a quite a few words for that first doctor. None of them would have not been nice. I lost 13lbs with my first pregnancy.
January 28th, 2007, 01:58 AM
SandKmommy's Avatar Seamus and Kieran's Mommy
Do you or have you had HG? I had it with my pregnancy and lost around 15lbs before put on medication for it, I was hospitilized 2 times just to get fluids back into my system

How many times? just one pregnancy

Are you afraid that is you go through another pregnancy you will have HG again? im very very scared my next pregnancy will have it too

February 16th, 2007, 01:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
1. Yep!
2. only once, this is my first pregnancy.
3. You bet you tushy. I will NEVER get pregnant again...my doctor has already told me it is not in my best interest to get pregnant and my DH and I agree.
March 8th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Veteran
Do you or have you had HG? Yes Lost 20 lbs with both. It was a little worse my with my first b/c I didn't get meds until I had lost 15 lbs. This time I got Zofran at 6 weeks but after a while it stopped working and I still ended up losing weight.

How many times? Twice been pg twice both are boys

Are you afraid that is you go through another pregnancy you will have HG again? Yes which is why we probably won't get pg again.

Brothers

Joel

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search