What helped your morning sickness?

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 4th, 2007, 07:37 PM
TheOtherMichelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For me there wasn't anything that made it go away completely except time. But I found some things that helped, like eating what I was craving, seabands, and slurpees.

January 4th, 2007, 09:53 PM
Super Mommy
Diclectin was my lifesaver (a medicine approved in Canada for the treatment of morning sickness).
Baked potatoes
Little tiny bits of food, very bland though.
Not letting myself get hungry, even though food was disgusting to me most of the time ... being hungry made everything 100 x worse.
January 5th, 2007, 04:46 AM
bella518
Sleep.

That's the only thing that's really helped is sleep.

Well, the 25mg of B6 and 1/2 a unisom helped but it knocked me out completely so being unsick and passed out, while nice for the exhaustion doesn't do much for productivity.
January 5th, 2007, 05:34 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
For me, it was only manageable through diet. It was a 24 hour struggle. I found I had to graze all day and never let my stomach get empty, that was when it was the worst. Simple, healthy snacks worked best - crackers & graham crackers, apple slices, jello, nuts, etc. Nothing too acidic or greasy, I had to cut out pretty much all fried foods because the grease made it worse. I kept mini rice cakes on my headboard, so when I woke up at night to go to the bathroom I could eat one really quick, otherwise morning was killer for me. Small portions for meals, overeating was just as bad as not eating at all, and it made it easier to snack. Water, water, water as well - At work or at home, I had a bottle of water always at hand, and when it was empty I immediately went to fill it.

Also, as was mentioned, getting enough sleep - I found when I was tired, I was more prone to sickness.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
January 5th, 2007, 01:17 PM
MamaBx3
Diclectin saved me last time and is saving me again now

There were no foods/candies for me that made things any better .
January 5th, 2007, 09:48 PM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i also ate throughout the day so i would never be hungry. empty stomach is bad news
during the night when id wake up, id eat one cracker, then in the morning my stomach wouldnt be empty and gross feeling.
January 6th, 2007, 06:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Nothing!!

Still have it ~ I have tried everything tho~

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
January 6th, 2007, 06:23 PM
MelissaW's Avatar Super Mommy
zofran and phenergen and I still throw up almost every morning.

January 6th, 2007, 07:23 PM
cheesecake's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Medication and trying to sleep my pregnancy away...I still threw up every day all day though.

Sherilyn ~ Mama to Jade & Colt
January 6th, 2007, 09:45 PM
mrobinson
Quote:
Not letting myself get hungry, even though food was disgusting to me most of the time ... being hungry made everything 100 x worse.[/b]
January 7th, 2007, 12:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
The only thing that helped with both pregnancies was zofran.
January 8th, 2007, 11:04 AM
Shellberry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
nothing has helped--although when mine came back--it's not all day every day.
in the beginning when it was all day every day- I just ate what I could--a banana maybe & I could stomach very plain stuff, cheese sandwiches and the curly noodle soups without the broth.

I slept when I felt the crappiest and that helped too.
January 9th, 2007, 08:09 AM
sarabella
I took the Zofran and it didn't do much for me. In fact, I threw up about an hour after taking it.

I'll try again tonight and see if it was because I just ate too much weird stuff.

I've also been using Seabands but they hurt my hands for some reason.

Preggie pops are worthless, they don't even taste good anymore.

Ginger Root tablets really do help somewhat and I've also discovered that laying in the fetal position, moaning until my boyfriend rubs my back and tummy also has positive results.
January 9th, 2007, 01:31 PM
ahillo5
good for me it's winter. if i get sick, i step outside into the cold air and it usually makes me feel better, though only for a short time. i guess i'm lucky in the fact that i don't throw up, though maybe if i did it'd make me feel better.
January 10th, 2007, 06:22 AM
sarabella
Quote:
good for me it's winter. if i get sick, i step outside into the cold air and it usually makes me feel better, though only for a short time. i guess i'm lucky in the fact that i don't throw up, though maybe if i did it'd make me feel better.[/b]
Cold is a lifesaver for me. My bf won't even sleep in the bedroom because it's so arctic now.

Throwing up definitely helps. After a week straight of just solid nausea, I finally threw up and I've felt a million times better ever since.
January 10th, 2007, 09:58 AM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sleep was the best for me. I took Zofran in my second pregnancy and that stopped the vomiting but not the nausea. Eating whatever I felt like was key, too. I never worried about nutritional value in the first trimester Rootbeer and lemonade were the only things I could drink. Oh, and gatorade helped some too.
January 11th, 2007, 06:27 AM
sarabella
What I've noticed lately is that my morning sickness isn't bad in the morning at all. Around lunchtime I get kind of nauseous but then I eat and I'm fine. But once I get home from work, I feel like I'm dying. That's when I take the Zofran and lay down for a little bit and then struggle to get through the night.

My cravings are crazy. Before I got pregnant I was a chocoholic. I adored chocolate. Hid it in the house everywhere! Now.... I can't even stomach the smell of it. I got 2 oatmeal raisin cookies from Subway last week and took a bit and realized they smell like chocolate and had to throw them away. My bf thinks this is hilarious since he was always after me to cut back on my chocolate. NOW I'm craving fruit in the weirdest way! I just ate an entire pint of strawberries for breakfast. Yesterday I ate a whole thing of blackberries. And I'm putting apples away like nobodies business. My way around chocolate for a sweet treat because I still want sugar like crazy is vanilla pudding.

The bf gets a bit irrritated by our "weird" dinner menus but he's learning that I can only eat what I want at that exact minute and he can either eat it too or make something for himself.
January 11th, 2007, 01:55 PM
LouLouMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't ever really get sick, I just feel nauseous 24 hours a day I try to stay hydrated and eat mostly bland food, simple carbs. Popsicles are great too, when I really feel sick but know I have to get something down. Sea-bands worked for me in the past but not so much now. Hope everyone feels better.

Angel~9/12/05~with us for 5 weeks</span></span></span>
January 11th, 2007, 05:54 PM
RmN32611's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to RmN32611
Nothing really helped me at all. I just ate little bits of cracker and always had ice water or ice chips. I was prescribed phenegran but I couldnt get it down, so all I really did was lay in bed all day every day.

January 13th, 2007, 07:08 AM
silverlife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I tried just about every over the counter remedy I could get my hands on. I tried four different prescriptions. And of course the only one that worked was the most expensive that I tried--zofran.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search