when did it start?

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 12th, 2007, 10:59 AM
mshella27's Avatar Veteran
I'm just wondering how far along everybody was when it started?
January 12th, 2007, 04:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I'm just wondering how far along everybody was when it started?[/b]
Mine started promptly by week 5. I am now 9 weeks and I still suffer from it, but it has definitely morphed from weeks ago. At first, nausea lasted all day and it felt pretty consistent. I ended up losing 7 pounds in about three weeks. But I never threw up (Thanks Goodness). When week 8 rolled around, I started getting my appetite back (not fully restored but definitely better than before), and the nausea became more off and on. When I have it now, it's much more intense than before, but when I don't have it, I actually feel pretty good.

I had about one week of morning sickness with my son. It was week 7.

Hope this helps and I hope you don't have to deal with m/s at all!!!!!

YAY FOR SMART PEOPLE!

January 12th, 2007, 05:48 PM
I guess I was just wondering because I have completley lost my appetite I'm not really feeling sick or anything but I have never had a problem with food before! Is this how it starts or is it something else?
January 12th, 2007, 05:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I guess I was just wondering because I have completley lost my appetite I'm not really feeling sick or anything but I have never had a problem with food before! Is this how it starts or is it something else? [/b]
Food aversions are one of hte symptoms associated with the first trimester, but I'm not sure if they neatly correlate with the onset of morning sickness. With my son, I had an aversion to fish for the first three months, yet I had very mild morning sickness. Just a few days really of slight "grossness".

With this pregnancy, I have what you describe. I started out just not wanting to eat anything. Nothing appealed to me. But that happened at the same time as the stomach problems began. Three weeks later, however, I started getting the appetite back, but I still get very queasy (though not all the time).

Ginger, I'd say, has been the best thing for me, though. I sip organic ginger ale, suck on ginger lollypops, and I've even bought ginger pills (though I haven't taken those yet). All are ok'ed by my doctor.

YAY FOR SMART PEOPLE!

January 12th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Thanks for your input it helps alot!!!
January 12th, 2007, 06:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Thanks for your input it helps alot!!! [/b]
No problem. You know, one of the most depressing parts of m/s is that non-pregnant people tend to dismiss it (I've even had people at work laugh when they see me get sick.)
So any support I can provide for someone suffering from the same thing (or scared they will) is the least I can do.

YAY FOR SMART PEOPLE!

January 12th, 2007, 08:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i started at 4 weeks i had nothing with my 1st child and this ms is killing me i hardly eat and am naseous all day.

January 13th, 2007, 03:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
With my first I think the puking started around 6-7 weeks. Then it went downhill from there. Same with my 2nd pregnacy.
January 13th, 2007, 10:50 AM
momtofaith's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ok, I don't want to scare you, but my morning sickness didn't start till I was 12 weeks! There were some things that made me nautious early on, like coffee, but I totally though I was in the clear, then at 12 weeks it was like BAM! I was sick from 12 weeks till I delivered. It was miserable! Hopefully it won't be bad for you!
January 13th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Super Mommy
I was around 6 weeks along with all 4 of my kids when I started feeling yucky.
January 14th, 2007, 03:50 PM
cheesecake's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I started at 5 weeks and didn't stop till I delivered.

Sherilyn ~ Mama to Jade & Colt
January 14th, 2007, 05:45 PM
duality's Avatar Miss Mama
My sickness started at 7 weeks and turned into hyperemesis by 12 weeks and I didn't stop vomiting 10+ times a day until 22 weeks. After that I was just sick a few times a week until I delivered.

January 15th, 2007, 03:36 PM
MamaBx3
With Vae it started immediatly . When I got my bloodwork my levels were like 12 I was JUST preggo and I was already being sick . Baby wasn't even big enough to see on u/s

This time it started around 4 weeks 4 days .
January 30th, 2007, 06:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MommyHoldYou
The first pregnancy started around week 7 then got really really bad around week 9 or 10 then got better around week 12. So I would say the worst of it was week 7-13. Smells still bothered me until my 3rd trimester but at least it wasn't all day sickness like at the first. With my current pregnancy around 4 weeks (before I knew I was PG) I got the sick feeling. Then nothing after that until today. I am 7 weeks. Its more like a sickness from not eating though. Empty stomach=sick feeling!!

<div align="center">
</div></div></div>
January 31st, 2007, 09:48 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With Liam it started at 6 weeks, it was pretty much just in the mornings and early afternoon. Of course there were smells that set me off but I only puked once or twice in the mornings. That lasted til about 15 weeks although it tapered off a ton after 12 weeks. This time it started in my 3rd week. It just keeps getting worse and worse. 95% of what goes in my mouth ends up coming back up. I really hope it starts letting up soon.

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

February 1st, 2007, 08:18 PM
SandKmommy's Avatar Seamus and Kieran's Mommy
With my son it started around 8 weeks and that was just the beginning...it slowly got worse till i got on my meds full time at 18 or 19 weeks I was so miserable for the longest time

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search