How are you Coping ? How did you Cope ?

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 15th, 2007, 03:43 PM
MamaBx3
For those of you that have had Severe Morning Sickness in the past , how did you cope ?
Were you put on any meds or did you do your best to just deal with it ?

Same questions for preggo mammas right now ..
Are you on meds ?
What are you doing to cope with your morning sickness ?
January 15th, 2007, 04:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I wouldn't say mine is severe. Certainly not compared with the mommies who have or have had HG. But I've tried many different ways of coping with my m/s.

First, I've tried every natural remedy in the book; preggie pops, ginger ale, fresh ginger, Sea Bands, small and frequent meals, BRAT diet food, 7up, ginger candy, the list goes on. I figured that, if I left any stone unturned, maybe that would have been the one that would have saved me. So far, the ginger stuff has been the best, although not foolproof.

I started taking Vitamin B6, which present no problems for baby. I have noticed that since beginning with that, my m/s has become more erratic. During any particular day, my m/s will come and go (compared to weeks ago when it was consistent and pretty bad all day and night). I don't know if this is due to the fact that I'm taking B6 or that my m/s is starting to make its exit (this is what I hope is happening), but my appetite has come back (some days stronger than others) as of about a week ago.

Mostly, the way I've found myself coping with this crap is to take things one day at a time. If I think about being sick like this for the next several weeks (or months ) I would just about pass out. I can't handle eight or ten weeks. But anybody can handle one day!

I hope this helps.

YAY FOR SMART PEOPLE!

January 17th, 2007, 08:52 AM
Jade89's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to Jade89
I have had and still have severe morning sickness. It sort of bothers me but I deal with it as I've gotten used to it. My doctor doesn't have me on any meds because it isn't affecting me or the baby in any negative ways so what I do in the morning is I make lightly buttered toast or eat some crackers, it seems to help but I do still get sick throughout the day. It's not the greatest experience in the world but I manage to work around it.
January 18th, 2007, 08:44 AM
MrsPil's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine was pretty bad - but some of the HG moms make my MS look like a walk in the park (I was gonna say cake walk but - ewwww, cake )

I tried lots of things, dietary changes, teas, herbal remedies, sniffing lemon rhines, preggie pops (only made it worse BTW), phenergen, zolfran, B vitamins, ginger ale, crackers... The list is long and ugly, but nothing helped (ok whatever it was that I got in my IV fluids helped me not to throw up, but I was still queasy) until it was time for it to go on it's own.
"I trust birth—not birth attendants—for if you only trust birth that is attended then you really don't trust birth at all. You trust the attendant. And then you start over. Who? Doctor, surgeon, CNM, CPM, SIM? And it goes on and on...." - Carla Hartley
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Gandhi
"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think." - Adolph Hitler

February 5th, 2007, 12:33 PM
TheOtherMichelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hehehe.. coping? Keeping a sense of humor about it all helped me cope. The natural remedies helped me feel a little better but you have to laugh about it or just go insane. Also thinking since I'm so sick I have lots of hormones which means baby is healthy.

February 6th, 2007, 08:40 PM
SandKmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My m/s started around 10 weeks or so and it was bad. I was put on meds while visiting my dad for christmas they didn't work, afew weeks later i was in the hospital and they gave me phenegren. and that worked. then we moved back home and i didn't get the phenegren again till i was around 22weeks (so from about 16-22 weeks i didn't have anything)
I had it bad. I lost around 15pounds, i couldn't even smell food or i would throw up, i was barley able to drink anything, sometimes even with the meds i still couldn't keep anything down...then i got GD and the diet for that didn't help with the m/s! it was a badddd experience!

February 7th, 2007, 07:56 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have HG so right now I'm coping with meds. I'm on phenegren which is helping--I'm only throwing up 2 or 3 times a day instead of all day so thats a plus. I just can't wait for it to be over. Hopefully in a couple more weeks it will have left me.

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

February 9th, 2007, 08:31 AM
I don't get sick much anymore but let me tell you, for the first 2 months...BLAH!!!

I drank a lot of clear soda. I complained to my doctor and she said that what I was going through was OK and normal so she didn't want to give me any meds. I did the same thing when I was pregnant with my son.

It's funny because with both pregnancies I craved fried eggs and hashbrowns and as soon as I ate i'd be running to the bathroom.
February 9th, 2007, 09:40 AM
TheOtherMichelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't imagine what y'all went through who were throwing up every day. I was nauseous all the time but maybe threw up a total of 10 times in 14 weeks.

OT - Kathy your new pic is gorgeous! When did you have it taken?

February 11th, 2007, 06:09 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
For those of you that have had Severe Morning Sickness in the past , how did you cope ?
Were you put on any meds or did you do your best to just deal with it ?

Same questions for preggo mammas right now ..
Are you on meds ?
What are you doing to cope with your morning sickness ?[/b]

I have an 8 month old, (June DDC), but I had SEVERE morning/afternoon/evening sickness. So much so that this is the one thing that is holding me back from trying again to have another wee one. I just don't know if I can take it or not?!?! (I'm sure I can, but perhaps I'm just not in the right frame of mind to do it all over again).

I took Diclectin....VERY EXPENSIVE....but it helped a LOT!! I was able to take up to 5 pills a day. (I tried to keep it to 2-3).

I feel for all of you who are dealing with morning sickness. I know it's not fun!!! (BUT OH SO WORTH THE END RESULT)!!

Belle

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search