Over this

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 4th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ladyjill
Ugh.. I think this sickness is about enough to make me not want anymore kids after these 2 are born

I'm taking phenegren, and it always knocks me out cold, so yesterday I decided not to take it.. Boy was that a bad idea. I spent my whole entire shift at work puking. Today I took a pill and felt fine until just now.. I just ran to the back and puked. Thank God sunday's are slow and there were no customers in the store. I am not used to this at all.. I rarely throw up, I mean seriously.. never had any sickness with DS, so this is all totally new to me. All tips are welcomed.. I will try ANYTHING.
February 5th, 2007, 11:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Talk to your Dr about taking zofran. It works really well and will not knock you out.
February 11th, 2007, 06:13 AM
Super Mommy
I took Diclectin. It does cause drowsiness...but it's manageable.

Belle
February 12th, 2007, 06:22 PM
SandKmommy's Avatar Seamus and Kieran's Mommy
What dosage of phenegren are you taking? i took it, it worked great it was 25mg and i could take it every 4-6 hours as needed. Also I did have, i believe it was called, reglan for a while and it worked too.
One thing that would help me along with the phenegren was little sipps of gatorade, because the puking would make you loose alot of electrolights and cause more problems the gatorade helps to replenish them
I hope you start feeling better Jill!

February 14th, 2007, 12:14 PM
sarabella
Zofran didn't do anything for me at all. They just put me on Tigan and it's not really doing much for me either. Maybe I'm anti-nausea medicine resistant.
February 17th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MommyHoldYou
Oh boy I am so sorry. I'm with ya on not wanting to go through this again because of the sickness!! But I said the same thing with my first pregnancy. After my son was born I couldn't wait to get pregnant again. How fast we forget! But I am on Phenegran also. (25mg) It works okay but I can only take it at night due to the sleepiness part. But it works for me so so until about 4pm.....then the sickness starts again. Just be strong and pray it ends soon. Just remember that sickness usually means a healthy pregnancy because of all the hormones! Not fair huh!

<div align="center">
</div></div></div>
March 10th, 2007, 01:47 PM
hoping4littleone's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm over this already too!! It's crazy. I've tried everything. The only thing that seems to be working is the sea bands. I tried them yesterday and they didn't really work, but I tried again today and repositioned them and they seem to be helping. I feel great in the mornings - my nausea usually starts around 1 pm.

I hope you feel better soon!

</div>
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><div align="center">

Born May 5, 2008

Shelby Suzanne: 7lbs,8 oz 17 3/4 inches 9:16 p.m.
Morgan Julianne: 5 lbs,8 oz 19 inches 9:17 p.m.
</div></span>
March 10th, 2007, 06:58 PM
Motherof3Angels's Avatar Veteran
I hope you feel better soon. I took Zofran and Reglen. But I continue to take the reglen, even though my morning sickness has subsided,

Jasmine- Mother to Esther(15) Amber (9)and our new addition Jordan Sameul (6-15-07)
March 16th, 2007, 11:45 PM
Zofran worked for me for awhile, I finally ended up giving myself shots. insane.

Try motion sickness bracelets. Preggy pops from Babies R Us or Motherhood. Ginger altiods.

My first pregnancy I could maintain my sickness with my diet after awhile. I learned to not let myself get too hungry or too full and to carry food EVERYWHERE.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search