Making yourself throw up???

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 6th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MommyHoldYou
I posted this in the Sept. due date forum but thought I'd post it here as well.

I've been sick all day long and feel like I need to throw up but I don't/can't! So today I decided to try and make myself throw up and see if I felt better. It worked! I did and do feel better. I still feel kind of yucky but NO nausea!

Do any of you who throw up feel better after you do it or do you feel just as bad as before??

<div align="center">
</div></div></div>
February 6th, 2007, 08:43 PM
SandKmommy's Avatar Seamus and Kieran's Mommy
when i was pregnant i felt better after throwing up...but only for a couple minutes then i would be running back to the bathroom...they only way i would make myself throw up was to think really hard about doing it and thing about how nasty the toliet smelled and i could...but like i said it only lasted a few minutes and i would be hugging the tolilet(not litterly) again bawling

February 7th, 2007, 07:12 AM
MamaBx3
I have never done that and I wouldn't advise it .

Some times you just don't feel better after being sick . Or , you will - for about 30 minutes and then you feel like crap again .

If you can make it without throwing up - chances are you're not going to . It's better to feel sick sick sick and not throw up (because then you're keeping all the good stuff down for baby , it helps you gain weight and not lose it , etc) , than to be sick multiple times a day and lose everything you've ate .
February 7th, 2007, 07:52 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I have never done that and I wouldn't advise it .

Some times you just don't feel better after being sick . Or , you will - for about 30 minutes and then you feel like crap again .

If you can make it without throwing up - chances are you're not going to . It's better to feel sick sick sick and not throw up (because then you're keeping all the good stuff down for baby , it helps you gain weight and not lose it , etc) , than to be sick multiple times a day and lose everything you've ate .[/b]
I totally agree with Britanie here. I personally only feel better for a couple minutes after I throw up. Before the meds I was throwing up just about everything that went in my mouth. Now I'm down to about twice a day or so. I feel so much better knowing that even though I am still feeling sick I'm actually keeping a lot of the nutrients down for my baby and not losing anymore weight (at least I hope not). I'd rather be nauseous all day then end up hooked back up to the iv or worse yet in the hospital.

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search