HG

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2007, 01:11 PM
sarabella
Just got diagnosed with HG and my job is being less then supportive about the time I've missed. Anyone have any advice concerning working with HG?

I missed the last 2 days of work but trudged out in the snow today (threw up while scraping my car off! Now that's dedication!) to make it to work.

I'm basically being told that I can't miss any more time off work and I have to make my doctor's appointments for after work.... I get off at 5pm so that pretty much is impossible.
February 15th, 2007, 09:17 PM
SandKmommy's Avatar Seamus and Kieran's Mommy
Is there anything your doctor can do to get your work to coporate? I know that your work cannot fire you(i believe its a federal law) because your pregnant and that would be discrimination if they did. Your doctor should be able to maybe write a doctors note for it, thats all my work wanted when i was pregnant(though i only made it a month and quit)
I hope you can get this figured out, I know how horrid it can be to have HG and working.

February 16th, 2007, 07:22 AM
sarabella
Quote:
Is there anything your doctor can do to get your work to coporate? I know that your work cannot fire you(i believe its a federal law) because your pregnant and that would be discrimination if they did. Your doctor should be able to maybe write a doctors note for it, thats all my work wanted when i was pregnant(though i only made it a month and quit)
I hope you can get this figured out, I know how horrid it can be to have HG and working.
[/b]
Unfortunately I haven't been here a year and they can fire me for missing too much time from work.

I'd love nothing more then to quit and stay home and rest in bed all day. But... we kind of need the money right now since I'll be staying home after the baby is born.

btw, your baby is adorable!
February 16th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Unfortunatly there's not much you can do but wait your body out. I tried quite hard to make it to work everyday and did well until I hit 13 weeks. at this point I was hospitalized and put on bed rest. I was able to take medical leave from work using the family medical leave act (look into this.) I just recently came back to work and still have to take my meds daily or I get very ill. Some women do get better once the second trimester kicks in, so there's lots of time for you to feel better.

Let me know if you have any questions!
February 16th, 2007, 02:06 PM
sarabella
Quote:
Unfortunatly there's not much you can do but wait your body out. I tried quite hard to make it to work everyday and did well until I hit 13 weeks. at this point I was hospitalized and put on bed rest. I was able to take medical leave from work using the family medical leave act (look into this.) I just recently came back to work and still have to take my meds daily or I get very ill. Some women do get better once the second trimester kicks in, so there's lots of time for you to feel better.

Let me know if you have any questions![/b]

Yeah my employer has already been quick to point out that I don't qualify for the FMLA since I haven't been here a year. Boo to them.

I'm trying to take the meds as I need it and I usually do ok until 3-4 pm and then it hits me like a brick wall and I'm pretty much useless for the rest of the day. I'm hoping for the miracle 16th week where it will all go away. *crosses fingers*

I have a very understanding boyfriend thank goodness who is a nazi about the kitchen and won't let me near it and monitors what I eat and makes me eat even when I grimace at food.
February 16th, 2007, 02:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad to hear that your boyfriend is so supportive. That is what you need most right now. You seem to be doing fairly well, so just try your best to get lots of rest and some calories down everyday. Try drinking vitamin water and chewing gum. chewing gum helped me keep my food down for at least an hour or two so that I could digest some. If you have to, keep a trashcan by your desk...if your boss doesn't like it, well, he won't let you go home to rest when you have amedical condition, so....BOO!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search