Question about morning sickness

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Veteran
This is my 4th preg, but my first time dealing with morning sickness so this is all new to me! I've been feeling horrid for the last week, and today I feel wonderful. I'm only 6 1/2 weeks. Is this a bad sign? Or does morning sickness sometimes come and go? Please answer honestly!

www.choicesoaps.com - Luxury Handmade Soap
-You've never seen soap like this before!-

August 6th, 2007, 09:21 PM
the_elmel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to the_elmel Send a message via Yahoo to the_elmel
Hello! Welcome to the Morning Sickness board. Congratulations on your pregnancy. I am sorry you have to be here but glad you found us. We have a great group of girls here that are very supportive.

My name is Lauren and I am a co-host of the Morning Sickness board. I am expecting my first in October.

Morning sickness can definitely come and go. Sometimes you feel great one day but miserable the next. It is very weird how that happens. I am sure this is very strange for you since this is your 4th pregnancy and never had problems before! Lucky girl. My guess is that your hormones are just really out of whack this time around and your body isn't adjusting as well. My best advice is to just take it easy and hope for the best. I don't think it's a bad sign you are feeling better when you felt so miserable last week. Just keep an eye on it. I really hope you continue to feel wonderful! When are you due?

Definitely make sure to check out the stickies. You will find some great resources if the morning sickness comes back!

Vent to us anytime and don't hesitate to ask questions.

</div>
August 7th, 2007, 03:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have that problem too hon, except it happens daily, it comes and goes. It is yucky. I hope you get over it soon hon, its definitely not fun. This is a great place to come and talk about it and get feedback from other people who may be experiencing the exact same thing as you. The hosts here are excellent, they have so much information and support. Goodluck to you and congratulations on your pregnancy. I hope your morning sickness goes away quickly hon.

Jess
August 9th, 2007, 02:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hiya I am Vikki, I suffered with terrible morning sickness when I was pregnant.

Some times morning sickness will dissapear by 12 weeks, other girls it lasts through out the whole pregnancy.

Morning sickness is actually a good sign of a healthy start of pregnancy, there are pleanty of hormones in your body meaning your baby should be thriving. Even though your being sick, this rarely effects the baby as it gets it's nutrients from your hormones (which make you sick!).

If it does get to the point where you can't keep water down, get in touch with your Doctor, as you might need to go onto a drip to get some fluids into you.

Mummy to 2 boys expecting #3.

August 9th, 2007, 04:46 PM
Super Mommy
I started getting nauseous about a week before I found out I was pregnant and now im 11 1/2 weeks and its gotten worse. I used to be able to control it by deep breathing and not get sick but its gotten harder to control it. With my other 2 I wasnt this sick, infact by this time in the other 2 I felt pretty good. My mom says this one is probably a girl since I am so sick and I wasnt this sick with my boys. I just hope it doesnt last all pregnancy.
<span style="color:#4169E1">

</span>
August 14th, 2007, 12:42 PM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am about 11 weeks and have been sick since week 6. At first, it wasn't too bad, just in the mornings, or only for a few hours. There have been several days that I couldn't go in to work, came in late, or left early. I just couldnt do it. I have had several days where i didnt leave my bed or the bathroom until late in the evening. By my first appointment, I had lost 10 lbs. My Dr. put me on Phenergan but I was too drowsy to work, it does help me sleep through the night. They changed my meds to Zofran, which so far, is great! Its actually what they give chemo and radiation patients. Its very expensive but after days of not being able to keep even sips of water down, it makes all the difference. My Dr. said that any day that I can't keep liquids down, I should go in and get an IV to 'catch me up'.

I wish I could say, try crackers before getting out of bed or ginger tea, but none of those worked for me. Only eating as often as I can and as close to bedtime as possible.

Good luck and I hope you feel better!

~Ashleigh

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
August 15th, 2007, 04:38 AM
Veteran
Thank you all for your kind replies! I feel like everything is new with this pregnancy. To be honest, it makes me wonder what this child will be like! So far, it's still coming and going. Some days I actually feel normal; other days I feel awful. I do think I'll be safe by the 2nd trimester which means I have another month to wait. (I'll be 8 weeks on Friday.) You guys are so supportive! Thank you!

www.choicesoaps.com - Luxury Handmade Soap
-You've never seen soap like this before!-

August 15th, 2007, 11:54 AM
the_elmel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to the_elmel Send a message via Yahoo to the_elmel
Quote:
Thank you all for your kind replies! I feel like everything is new with this pregnancy. To be honest, it makes me wonder what this child will be like! So far, it's still coming and going. Some days I actually feel normal; other days I feel awful. I do think I'll be safe by the 2nd trimester which means I have another month to wait. (I'll be 8 weeks on Friday.) You guys are so supportive! Thank you![/b]
I'm sorry that your morning sickness is still coming and going. I really hope that the second trimester brings better health for you! Keep us updated. *hug*

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search