What is one item you COULDN'T live without?

Forum: Getting Ready for Baby

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Getting Ready for Baby LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 8th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sjkduke Send a message via Yahoo to sjkduke
Just curious to see what are must haves for all the moms out there!!!

Obviously, we couldn't go anywhere if we didn't have her car seat....and her stroller is awesome too!

We got a freshwater bathtub, made by 4Moms, and I love it...it's not very practical for small spaces, but I love that it has a built in thermometer!

July 9th, 2008, 01:42 AM
Just-Jay's Avatar Veteran
Swaddle Me by Kiddopotomus. Life saver, my LO loves to struggle his hands free and then yells that they keep taking the paci out of his mouth

____Ryan Tanner Jr.____

July 13th, 2008, 07:04 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
There are so many items I couldn't live without! I can't just pick on!!!

Our crib, the bassinet, carseat/stroller, the swing
July 20th, 2008, 12:42 PM
I could not live without a baby swing. Only thing that puts my baby to sleep sometimes.
July 20th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Travel systems for sure.
July 24th, 2008, 08:04 PM
raelynn's Avatar Super Mommy
I could not live without a baby carrier! Ring sling and moby wrap at first, then Mei Tai, and now a Beco. I probably wouldn't have gotten any housework done in the first few months had I not had a way to wear my DS.

July 28th, 2008, 05:25 AM
zachsmommy07
I loved my Boppy. It was such a great item that could be used for multiple things (breastfeeding, helping little man w/ tummy time, supported him when he sat up, etc).

September 21st, 2008, 07:58 AM
A baby swing and a baby sling
October 15th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Leilani's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Leilani Send a message via Yahoo to Leilani
Swing (he didn't like the vibrating chair things)

Play mat / tummy time mat with mini boppy - he couldn't lift his head because it was too hard, but when we laid him on the little mini boppy thing it propped up his chest just enough that he wanted to look up and that really helped to strengthen his neck and he was soon "exercising"
October 17th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to jaylin08
just about everything i have but just 2 would be the bassinet for sure i can move that thing everywhere in our house it has wheels, it was one thing i didnt buy myself thinking i didnt need it and a friend that has a 18month bought for me saying it was the best thing she had and travel system

October 18th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Texas Gal
We sure use the heck out of our cradle - but I can't think of the name of it and Lizzie's asleep in the room where it is... It is yellow and is battery powered. She takes her naps in it every day.

We also love the rattles with the twisted handles in the middle - they look like DNA strands - because they are easy to grab.
October 19th, 2008, 09:50 AM
mama2one's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When my son was little we couldn't live without the baby swing! It saved our lives the first night we were homr from the hospital.

Boppy comes in as a close 2nd

Thank you Katarina for this adorable siggy!
October 20th, 2008, 06:41 AM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I second the SwaddleMe blanket. I swaddled Cassidy every time she went to sleep until she was 4 months old. It was a lifesaver!

Also, I loved shopping at Thrift stores for her clothes...I've never bought clothes for her at full price, and she has a TON of beautiful clothes! I never could have built her such a large wardrobe at every size had I been forced to buy everything new!

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.

November 17th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Renee360 Send a message via Yahoo to Renee360
Now it's my Ergo Baby Carrier..LOVE IT!!!!! I love my Peg Strollers and Valco Baby Stroller as well. My favorite swaddling blankets when the Boys were younger was Teddy Toes.

[/URL]Renee
December 2nd, 2008, 08:03 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
When Adriana was a infant, I couldn't live without the Miracle Blanket and since Adriana was a Fall baby, I loved the JJ Cole Bundle Me for the infant carrier.. I never had to bundle her up in the winter..

www.miracleblanket.com

www.jjcoleusa.com

January 31st, 2009, 01:00 PM
Newbies
There is no way that I could have lived without my baby carrier. My husband wore it so many times as well. It was a true life-saver because my daughter wouldn't let us put her down. She really wanted to be held. The one that I like the best is the Belle Baby Carrier. I tried the Baby Bjorn, but this one felt much better to me. You can get it online here - Best for Babies

April 8th, 2009, 11:35 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If it was only ONE thing - I have to say the baby carrier. I finally settled on Ergo being my favorite for sure!

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

May 12th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Regular
Send a message via Yahoo to cktownsend07
when she was first born i couldn't live without her swing! Now that shes over a year, i can't live without her diaper champ and baby gates! She loves getting into the trash cans/toilets/dog food
July 19th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With our singleton: Angelcare monitor, travel-size Graco pack n play, free standing Jolly Jumper, exersaucer, Bumbo, ocean sounds music box, flannel swaddling blankets

For the twins: Boppy's for feeding both at once, two FP Rainforest swings that are AC-powered, double stroller so that I can leave the house with three kids, Angelcare monitors, bouncy seats, Baby Bjorns, Bumbos, ocean sounds music boxes, flannel swaddling blankets, Diaper Dekor garbage can
July 19th, 2009, 11:45 PM
MyDuckySam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MyDuckySam
boppy.

i still have my first one from my now 4 yo and I have one a friend passed on to me when I was pg with my 5 mo. Henry sleeps on it at night due to his reflux and sleep apnea. It has been a sleep saver for both of us.

I also use it when my grandparents come over (they're 88 and 81) to help them hold Henry since he's such a chunk (18 pounds).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search