Where do you get your baby/child's professional pictures taken at?

Forum: Getting Ready for Baby

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Getting Ready for Baby LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 1st, 2010, 01:19 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
Where do you get your baby/child's professional pictures done at or if you're expecting your 1st, do you have any ideas of where you want to get them done at?

JC Penney's, Sears, Kiddie Kandids, Picture People, Portrait Innovations, local photographer, or elsewhere?

What has been your experience there? Would you go back?
January 1st, 2010, 07:20 PM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've had them done at the studio inside walmart twice. They were HORRIBLE. First time they couldn't manage any other pose than to try to get my 6 weeks old to sit. She looks like a blob of much. they pictures are not good at all. The second time was a whole differant fiasco. boiling it down to say that they treated me terribly and I will not be going back... even those pics weren't good. They didn't interact well with my little one. I think they might be okay when a child is older and can take direction, but we won't be going back.

We've done them twice at picture people. The first time I LOVED the pics. The second they really didn't have any props which was disappointing. Both times the pictures turned out really well. If we had one around us now I'd definately go back!

In 2 months we'll have some done by a local photographer. I'm interrested to see how they come out, butI'm more of a fan of photos taken in a studio setting rather than outdoors.

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
January 3rd, 2010, 09:39 PM
I've gone to JCP twice and I didn't love the pictures either time. So, I'll never be back.

I've been to Portrait Innovations about 10 times. I love the quality of the pictures, the amount of pictures you get for your $, the fact that you get a CD of all the pics taken (for free), AND you get your pictures within an hour (versus 10-14 days). I have referred 4-5 people to PI and all of them have absolutely loved it!!!

I've also taken the kiddos to a local photographer that about twice a month has Kid Days where she does a theme with tons of props to fit the theme. You only get one pose and the picture packages are very reasonable. She did my maternity/pre-madonna pictures that I absolutely loved. So, I keep going back. And, the pics she has done of the kids, I have loved half of them and not so much the other half. One was good except for the lighting. Another was good except that Bella didn't smile (which isn't the photographer's fault but with these special Kid Days, she takes 3-5 pictures and chooses the best pose herself - no refunds).
January 4th, 2010, 10:10 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We take Brylie to a photographer who works out of his living room. It is fantastic and she is so calm there because of the home-like setting. he is a little pricey, but worth it to us. The next baby, hopefully we can do closer to home (We drive an hour now)...one of my good friends is just in the process of starting her photography business. She took some pics of Brylie around Christmas time (She's using Brylie as her poster baby ) and they were AMAZING and taken in MY living room! She is converting her basement into her studio though and does more edgy, mod outdoor candid type photography as well. She edits them, then sells you the disc for $50.00 and you print them yourself and have the disc.

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
January 5th, 2010, 08:55 PM
I love Brylie's picture in your siggy! So adorable. And, what a cute hat too.
January 6th, 2010, 04:43 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks! A lady in my PR makes all Bry's hats. I took this pic on my couch and just played with photoshop!!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
January 12th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Veteran
i went to the picture people and while the photos were nice, they weren't anything spectacular for the high prices. honestly, i've had better luck with jc penney and the pictures came out great and even now my son's personality shines through.
April 27th, 2010, 06:20 AM
** Mandy **
Tried JC Penney but will never go back. So many issues and the pictures didn't come out looking that great.

We've used a place called "Flash! Digital Portraits" ever since and have been happy with them.

April 28th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Jodi Dawn's Avatar Host of the Jan-July 05 P
Send a message via Yahoo to Jodi Dawn
Wal Mart

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search