Do you have pets?

Forum: Getting Ready for Baby

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Getting Ready for Baby LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 6th, 2012, 02:19 PM
TerriLF's Avatar Super Mommy
I have a boston terrier that we have had since before kids and we really didn't do anything special because she was a great dog anyways. She is hyper but knew not to be around the baby after a little bit of scolding. She is a pro now and sleeps with our 3 yr old every nap time and every night. We won't do anything special this time around..she has already been through it twice.
November 7th, 2012, 06:31 AM
Veteran
My 4 yo daughter wanted a pet rabbit, but I cant risk it now since I gave birth to my boy who has an asthma. So, can't have one.
December 11th, 2013, 04:45 AM
Yes, I have a dog. My sister and I installed a cheap screen door on her nursery door that way my dog would not be able to get in. It worked really well, and was very easy.
December 15th, 2013, 02:50 PM
LUSHaye's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Three dogs!
Over 100 pounds of chihuahua! Kidding.
One chihuahua, one chiweenie, and a rottie that THINKS she's a little dog. She's been around the little dogs for too long.
I want another dog but I know that's not going to happen until we get a house. Sad day.
January 1st, 2014, 04:35 AM
Regular
Yes I have a dog .When my son was born the dog was not coming near it neither he was letting any strangers touch the baby.We all were surprised by this move as my doggie never entertained small children he use to bark on the baby visiting in the house .SO I think that naturally dog reacts.
January 3rd, 2014, 02:35 PM
laleighpop's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a Mastiff/St. Bernard mix, I am not too worried about her reacting in any way to the baby coming home, I have exposed her to a lot of stuff intentionally throughout her life so anything weird she looks to me for the "OK" and then puts up with it (golden mccaws, iguanas, annoying yippy dogs). I am more worried about when the baby is a toddler because she is 9 now (mastiffs live 8-10yrs) but her health is great so I am thinking we'll get 11-12 easily but that puts her at ancient right when a toddler will most likely want to crawl on her.
She is good with that now - babies lay on her, little dogs pull her ears and bite her for hours on end before she will give them a corrective mama-growl, but when she is older I am worried that her general discomfort will become an issue with her patience. I am hoping we will be able to make as much progress as HUMANLY possible with the human baby on how to treat the furbaby by then lol.

Tags
gtky , pets

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search