We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
Just new to the board. I'm just planning out purchases and needs for my first baby due in August.
I am wondering about a few things:
1. Does anybody have a Bugaboo Frog? I found on on Craigslist for a pretty good price and I'm wondering what you guys think of it. Other than retail price, are there things that you didn't like about it?
2. Do any of you have the Leksvik crib from Ikea? Do you like it?
3. Any suggestions on baby monitors?
4. Car seats. For those Canadian moms out there, how can I tell if a used car seat is still ok? I tried to go to Transportation Canada to see if there was a listing and I didn't see any lists...is it listed here? Can anyone confirm that I can't purchase a car seat from the US? (it's just so much cheaper).
4. Car seats part 2. Do you have a preference over the Gracco Snugride 22 vs 32 vs 35?
5. For those of you who live in California/US, where are some places where you purchase baby gear (other than Babies R Us and Amazon)?
I'm 5 feet and size and weight of the products are fairly important.
Perhaps these things have been discussed, if there is a way to search this topic, please let me know. I couldn't seem to find out where...
1. Nope, I don't have it. It looks neat, though!
3. Nope - we used a monitor a few times, but very rarely.
4. I recommend you check out the Car Seat Safety board on JM - they are VERY helpful and knowledgeable!
5. I live in the US, but in Indiana. We have a Peg Perego outlet store in our town because there's a factory here. I also pick up baby things at consignment shops, Target, Walmart and Meijer.
I'm 5'2" - I totally understand! I definitely recommend that you go to a store where you can try different products (like Babies R Us), and then go home and see if you can find a better deal than in store. Also, if you sign up for store coupons a lot of times you can get great deals.
I recommend that you also check out/post in the main section of the Getting Ready for Baby board, not just in the Baby/Children's Gear section. We are a growing board, so you'll get more views putting it in the main section than in a subforum. I hope that helps!
__________________ Joanna wife, mother, blogger, support group leader, perpetually behind on laundry