When will/did you pack your hospital bag?

Forum: Getting Ready for Baby

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Getting Ready for Baby LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2011, 06:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
When will you or when did you pack your hospital bag? Did you pack a what-if-my-water-breaks-when-I'm-far-from-home bag too?

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
April 5th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
I have no idea when I will pack it, probably sometime in June just to be prepared. I've been lurking every hospital bag thread I spot on the forums and compiling a list of things I think I may want or need so I think I'll be good! Mostly clothes, some for during labor if I want to wear them and then for after and to go home in, toiletries, phone and camera, some foodstuffs and drinks, plus clothes for the baby, and probably a few things for DH too. Luckily my MIL just sent me the perfect bag to take to the hospital x) It's supposed to be a diaper bag but it's ginormous, so it'll definitely hold all of the things I want to bring to the hospital just in case!

We never go too far from the hospital to make it there in case I go into labor unexpectedly while we're out, since we live in a city and don't need to venture out. The hospital is only a few minutes from our house, so I can always send DH home for the bag if there's no time to stop there first. I'd make him go back home anyway to make sure the cats have enough food and water to last through labor

April 5th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I actually have already told everyone that I will not be traveling very far from home starting about 1 month from due date. I do not want to be caught too far from my hospital choice! I will also have my bag packed at the same time frame and it will ALWAYS be in the car we are going out in.

As to what I will pack, no clue yet. I dont expect to need clothes for labor, since the hospital wants you to wear their gowns (and for walking you get a second gown to cover the backside!). I am ok with the gowns. I already have one outfit for post delivery (I got it during one of my used maternity clothing search). I want to get some additional breastfeeding friendly tops, and just will take some of my pj pants. I have to find a good bag for it also.

Is anyone planning on getting or wearing a special outfit for coming home in (for yourself, not talking about the baby)?

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

April 5th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I live in a small city, and our house is 10 mins from hospital, and I'll be a repeat c/s, so the soonest I'm packing it is at 35 weeks

Lucky mother to five!

April 5th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
I don't remember when I packed last time, but I think it was probably about a month in advance. I had the bag around before then and started throwing stuff in, but didn't get really concerned with having it packed until a month before.

The other bag was in my car. I worked then and do now 30 minutes away from home, so I had some extra large pads, extra change of clothes, hair ties, clean shoe string, towels, a blanket, etc for if my water broke at work or if I had the baby on the side of the road. I ended up using the spare clothes and replacing them because I would always spill on myself at lunch I will probably pack the to/from work bag around June and the hospital bag in July.

April 5th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
Maybe I'll keep my bag in the car too. I was thinking I wouldn't want to do that because one thing I absolutely do not want to forget to bring is our camera, and there's no way I'm leaving that in the car! I could keep it in my purse though.

But I'm not really planning on doing much venturing out once I get huge and it gets super hot and humid outside so I'm not too concerned about it

I don't have anything special in mind to wear home (for me or the baby). I'll probably just wear my nice stretchy skirt and a tank top, so I don't have to worry about anything fitting or not fitting x)

April 6th, 2011, 06:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I completely forgot to take clothes for me to go home in with my first We went in around 3:45am, so I was in jammies. Luckily, we live 2 minutes away from the hospital, so DH was able to go home and get me some clothes.

April 6th, 2011, 01:17 PM
Happy Mommy
I think I started around 36 weeks with the other two, I wear contacts so always needs to throw the glasses/contact stuff in as I run out the door.

but yes, given how busy the summer is, and just not knowing, I plan on having a "oh crud" bag in the car come June 1, and take my glasses and such with me when I'm farther from home (esp since I'm not delivering in the same town any how)
April 6th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
"oh crud" bag - that's way easier to say

April 6th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Happy Mommy
well it won't really be Oh Crud, but JM doesn't like what I really call it

Tags
hospital bag , when to pack

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search