Welcome to new member hkystar!

Forum: Getting Ready for Baby

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Getting Ready for Baby LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2011, 05:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
Congratulations on your pregnancy and welcome to the Getting Ready for Baby board! You have been giving some great feedback on the nursery pics from Callie and Mana!

I just wanted to take a quick minute to say hello and welcome you aboard. Feel free to jump right in and let us get to know you. We'd love it if you post an intro and tell us more about yourself, or you can just reply to this thread.

To tell you about myself, I'm Joanna (26), married to Tim (28), and we have a 3 year old son named Dalton. We also have an 8 year old Jack Russell Terrier named Io. We are expecting a surprise baby in August and couldn't be more excited!

Congratulations again and I'm looking forward to getting to know you!

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
April 5th, 2011, 06:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had been a lurker prior but Mana is also in my DDC. My bf and I are in nursery decorating mode (ok... its more of me in the mode and he is just doing anything I ask).

But a little about me... My name is Maureen (30) and we live in the DC area. My bf and I are expecting our first baby. She is due July 8th. We found out its a girl. We have a first name picked out but still working on middle names. In order to prepare for baby girl, I have been cruising craigslist to find good deals on clothing. My sister is making me wait to buy anything else till after our baby shower. I sorta feel very unprepared right now, but hopefully that will start to fade after all the baby classes in May and the shower in May.

Feel free to ask me anything!

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

April 5th, 2011, 07:11 AM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
Hi Maureen! My DH is like that too with the nursery, he doesn't have much opinion he just goes along with whatever I tell him we're going to do

April 5th, 2011, 07:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
Hi Maureen!

We are going through something similar... I'm in clean-this-house-and-declutter-now! mode and DH is accomodating.

When is your baby shower? I can't believe those are coming up already! Time is seriously flying by for me on this one. To be honest, I'm feeling unprepared right now too, and this is my second. I'm sure you will start feeling better around May. Wait, your sister doesn't want you to buy ANYTHING else until MAY?! Ok, I would totally not be able to handle that long of a wait! Good thing you have the nursery to work on!

So... what's your nursery going to look like??

April 5th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We had been talking nursery themes for awhile, but never really saw bedding we both liked. Once we found out we are having a girl, his only request was for a light purple room. I wanted animal theme, and thankfully (after about 4 weeks of looking) we found both in the same bedding set! The walla will be light lavendar. I took a piece of the bedding in to get home depot to paint match. Thankfully I only bought the tester can because the color is too dark for our liking. So we just need to get a lighter shade and he can start painting. My sister is VERY artsy so she is going to help with the decorations. My bf actually wants to help with that. I am not very art minded so its all whatever but I am funding the whole project.

We are having the baby shower the second weekend in May. I am mostly not buying stuff but I scan craigslist regularly and there are some deals that I just cant pass up. I am trying to focus on mostly bigger clothes (12m stuff). Easter weekend I am going to see my sister and raid her stash of older baby stuff. She had boys, but we are gonna get some of her gender neutral stuff, and she has a bunch of little tykes toys they have outgrown.

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

April 5th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oooo do you have a link or pic of the bedding set? I would love to drool over it!

I love that you took the bedding in to get the paint match. I always forget that you can do that and end up spending hours going, no... that's not really it. LOL Wow - great thinking to just get the tester! Can you use it for trim or something?

Awww, so sweet that your sister is going to help! My sister saves all her school art projects (she's going to be in HS next year, my parents had her when I was 12) for me so I hang them all around my house. That's also cool that your BF wants to help - my DH talked his uncle and cousin into painting for me He's not a good painter.

I'm glad you're not passing up those deals - some are truly awesome! I love the Little Tykes toys!! I just have to remind you to be careful when dealing with Craigslist people... I get really paranoid about those stories you hear about babies being stolen... anyway, I'm sure you are being careful but I just have to say it!

People told me to wait for stuff until my baby shower, and then they ended up not getting what they told me to wait to buy. Like, for DH's family they said they were going to do a diaper shower and told me to not stock up on diapers, even though there were tons of great sales and I had coupons... well, I listened, and walked away with one pack of size 3 diapers... Yeah, I was not pleased Not that I wasn't happy to get the gift, just not happy that I missed all the sales and coupons!

Tags
intro , new member

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search