What has been your biggest worry?

Forum: Getting Ready for Baby

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Getting Ready for Baby LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 6th, 2011, 05:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
What has been your biggest worry during your pregnancy? As you progress through pregnancy, has the worry been relieved any?

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
April 6th, 2011, 07:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My biggest stress isnt new to pregnancy. Its all about money. I am worried we cant afford day care, dr bills, baby supplies, etc. In reality we will make things work. We will cut our own luxeries to make sure she has everything she needs (not necessarily everything we would want to give her but her needs will be met).

I am not sure I will ever stop worrying about that! (It is just my nature.)

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

April 6th, 2011, 07:36 AM
Happy Mommy
you want me to pick just one???
April 6th, 2011, 07:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
I totally understand that worry! Been there

Ro - one, or ten either way

I think my biggest worry during this pregnancy is how Dalton will adapt to the new baby. Now that we have the whole job/daycare situation figured out, that's pretty much the only thing left. We worried a lot about money before Dalton came, but that's not a big worry for us this time around.

April 6th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
Going into preterm labor I've been stressing about this because I've been getting pain and braxton hicks every night, and even though I know it's not labor it's still something I've been worrying about. I do not want her to come too early!

I'm also afraid of ending up with a C-section, but not nearly as much. I'd vastly prefer a full term C-section than an early vaginal birth!

My early worries were about how well I would adjust to being a mommy and whether or not I'd even be able to take care of a baby, but all of my maternal instincts are in full swing and I'm confident now that not only can I do it, but I'm going to be d*mn good at it! (This might change when I get closer to actually having to take care of a baby though, haha)

April 6th, 2011, 11:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I totally understand those worries. I had preterm labor with Dalton and had to be on a shot and then a pill to take home. The shot made me really sick, but if it kept him it, it was worth it! Of course, when he did come out, they said he was too big - if he had been born when he tried to be, he might've been just the right size. That's what Tim thinks, anyway.

April 6th, 2011, 12:11 PM
Happy Mommy
well okay here's a short list...

*baby will be a horrible baby (did I say that?) like crying and high needs, being single with 2 kids already that would be what gets me commited

*baby will be crazy like her dad when she is older, I can't fix crazy

*baby dad will show up and assert his rights (I know it's a right for a reason, but those that know the story know why this is so scary)

*work will be hard when I return.

*delivery in a hospital with an OB this time, totally freaking me out (last two were hosp/birth center with Midwife)

*bleeding after the baby, what if this time is the time it's way worse (bad before like yeah I'll spare ya the details)

*I won't get the last few big things I need as gifts or from yard sales and have to shell out big $ for them.

*I won't save enough money for our little trip after bob is born.

*PPD will hit me like a ton of bricks while on said trip

*My OB office will drop me as a patient because I don't follow their rules

*baby will be big

*baby will be small

*I'll go early

*I'll go over...

I mean really I'm a mess, as Joanna knows, but yep that's my short list for now.
April 6th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by w292737 View Post
well okay here's a short list...
*baby will be a horrible baby (did I say that?) like crying and high needs, being single with 2 kids already that would be what gets me commited
You've already gone through 2, you've got it down pat now, right?! If baby is high needs, pop her in a sling or wrap when you're home and keep on doing what you're doing. If I can survive it as a first time mom, you can definitely survive it!

*baby will be crazy like her dad when she is older, I can't fix crazy
I'm sorry, but this made me laugh. You really can't fix crazy. But I don't think baby daddy's problem is genetic... environment makes a BIG difference. You and the girls have a great environment!

*baby dad will show up and assert his rights (I know it's a right for a reason, but those that know the story know why this is so scary)
I really hope this doesn't happen, but I can see why you would be worried...

*work will be hard when I return.
Isn't it hard after any time off?

*delivery in a hospital with an OB this time, totally freaking me out (last two were hosp/birth center with Midwife)
Have you read that book Rachel read - Homebirth in a Hospital? Just because you are seeing an OB and in a hospital doesn't mean anything is going to go wrong! You are vocal and I'm sure your mom & sis will be too. Just make sure they know what you want before you go in, I'm sure you'll be fine! Otherwise call me and I'll yell at whoever you need over the phone

*bleeding after the baby, what if this time is the time it's way worse (bad before like yeah I'll spare ya the details)
You talked to your OB about this, and I think I remember she had a good game plan. But did you switch since then? I know it's always going to be scary for you, but you're doing as much as you can to prepare in advance. (Freeze the red raspberry leaf tea and put the cubes in sweet tea!)

*I won't get the last few big things I need as gifts or from yard sales and have to shell out big $ for them.
What are the big things that you need still? You put giftcards on your registries, right?

*I won't save enough money for our little trip after bob is born.
What I wouldn't give to be the only one holding the purse strings some days... Are you worried that what you've planned to save won't be enough or that you want be able to save enough?

*PPD will hit me like a ton of bricks while on said trip
Talk to your OB about it in advance, see if you can get a prescription just in case.

*My OB office will drop me as a patient because I don't follow their rules
I'm not gonna lie, this is a possiblity Ok, I don't think they really will, but I think the nurses are going to hate you forever.

*baby will be big
*baby will be small
*I'll go early
*I'll go over...
To all of these I say, yes. One or more will probaby happen. Deep breaths. You can do it.

April 6th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Happy Mommy
I just love you!

for the trip, I'm afraid what I have won't be enough. not that we'll need a lot, since we'll split most the vosts, but still.... I'll be on leave (yes with disability pay coming in) but I'm just a nervous nelly, can you tell ??
April 6th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Ok, I'll give you that one - I can see how that is a big worry! I would be totally freaked on that one too. Trips are so... fluid. It's hard to pin down exactly what you will need!

April 7th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my biggest worry is c/s recovery since I'll have five to care for, but dh is off work for three weeks pp, but still-I can't lift anything for 4-6 weeks, how do I even get the infant carseat in the van???

Tags
pregnancy , worries

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search