When did you start buying furniture?

Forum: Getting Ready for Baby

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Getting Ready for Baby LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 8th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Mischief Managed's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mischief Managed
When did you start buying furniture for your nursery?
We havn't bought anything yet! We wont get to start setting it up until July anyways (we are stuck in a lease until July, and we are only in a one room appartment! What horrible timing) So I am guessing we will just start storing stuff in our living room.

April 9th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Happy Mommy
Only piece of real furniture that I need for baby is the crib and I bought that in Feb, due August 1
April 10th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We arent buying any furniture. We are getting a used crib at some point here, and just using a dresser/bookcase we already have to finish our nursery up. (I dont see much point to a changing table so we arent going to buy one.)

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

April 11th, 2011, 04:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
I want to buy a bassinet - DH had stored the one we used last time in the garage, completely uncovered, and a family of mice made a home in it. Our garage is not attached and is little more than a shed, complete with exposed holes at the eaves and everything... so aggravating!

I can't remember when we bought a crib with Dalton, but we had to return it because of a recall, so we bought the one we actually used probably 2 months before he was due?

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
April 11th, 2011, 07:42 AM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
I bought furniture a couple weeks ago, because I was determined to get the baby's room ready over my spring break

I think if you're going to be moving and don't have much space yet, you don't really need to get much. Just a place for the baby to sleep really, and it doesn't need to be a full size crib either. I'd probably just get a pack and play or bassinet in case the baby comes early before the move, and then get any other furniture afterwards.

April 11th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
I'd get a bassinet. Dalton wasn't in a crib until he was 3 months. It's less to move at least!

April 11th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Mischief Managed's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mischief Managed
Thanks for the idea about getting a bassinet. If I can't move before then, I will def put off buying everything else until we are settled in our new place (unless a really good deal comes up, we do have a storange garage I can put stuff in!) I just did a quick google image search... For some reason I think this looks really cute (I don't know why...)

April 11th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Happy Mommy
other wise a pack n play with the basisnet insert, they are smaller, and can have a ton of uses as well
April 12th, 2011, 04:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischief Managed View Post
Thanks for the idea about getting a bassinet. If I can't move before then, I will def put off buying everything else until we are settled in our new place (unless a really good deal comes up, we do have a storange garage I can put stuff in!) I just did a quick google image search... For some reason I think this looks really cute (I don't know why...)
Awww, that's adorable! Where did you find it?

April 13th, 2011, 08:16 PM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are getting a dresser and probably some type of book shelf. My in-laws are giving us a changing table and crib. We still will need a bassinet for our room. He/she will be sleeping in our room while he/she is little and than moved to a crib.

Angel Baby gone at 9 weeks, 7/8/13
April 14th, 2011, 04:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
One of my aunts gave me a changing table this time, but to be honest we probably won't use it. We never had one with Dalton - but we have a large ottoman in the living room that we used for diaper changes a lot. Just slap a blanket on it and voila!

April 14th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The bassinet is cute (but doesnt look as portable as I would like). Here is the one I have registered for:

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

April 14th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Cute!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search