Weekend Check In

Forum: Getting Ready for Baby

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Getting Ready for Baby LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 11th, 2011, 05:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
How did your weekend go? How was the weather where you live?

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
April 11th, 2011, 07:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had a nice weekend but no sleeping in =(. I went with a girlfriend to the outer banks. We left early Saturday, did our race check-in. We got to see the kitty hawk memorial. It was a little breezy but nice. Sunday we got up super early, and did a 1/2 marathon and then drove home. I am so sore today.

the weather on Sunday was perfect!

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

April 11th, 2011, 07:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom

I didn't get to do any sleeping in this weekend either... Dalton was up so early Ok, not really early, but I could've used more sleep! We didn't do a whole lot on Saturday, but on Sunday we played outside and that was fun. Can't wait until next weekend

April 11th, 2011, 08:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What is next weekend?

April 11th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
The weather here was beautiful! It was in the 70s yesterday, it totally felt like summer

But I had a gallstone attack at 4am Sunday morning that lasted a couple hours, and had some lingering pain most of the day yesterday (plus being really exhausted) so I didn't really get to enjoy it. And DH missed some programmer convention thingy he wanted to go to yesterday because he was up with me and was too tired to go, so I felt bad about that too

April 11th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkystar View Post
What is next weekend?
Nothing special, just another weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mana View Post
The weather here was beautiful! It was in the 70s yesterday, it totally felt like summer

But I had a gallstone attack at 4am Sunday morning that lasted a couple hours, and had some lingering pain most of the day yesterday (plus being really exhausted) so I didn't really get to enjoy it. And DH missed some programmer convention thingy he wanted to go to yesterday because he was up with me and was too tired to go, so I felt bad about that too
YAY! We had great weather too! Sorry to hear about the gallbladder attack. I hope you are feeling better today! Sorry to hear he missed the convention yesterday too, but it was nice of him to stay up with you!

April 11th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Mischief Managed's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mischief Managed
My weekend went OK, very very busy. Informed my father that he is going to be a grandpa! Yes, we put it off for a long time (and I feel guilty that we told Dh's parents back in December...) But I guess I was so scared that he would just lecture me. (My dad likes to give his two sense... and he is usually rude about it)
Turns out he is the happiest grandpa I have seen! He keeps talking about taking little Jude hunting and camping etc. It made my weekend

Oh and as far as weather goes: it was really sunny, but the wind was blowing 25-30MPH, so it was extremely chilly and windy. Wind does wierd things to people... I hate being outside when it is windy, no matter how nice it is!

April 11th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
AWWW, I love it! I take it your dad doesn't live close?

Congrats on viability, btw!

April 11th, 2011, 02:19 PM
My dad lives about an hour away from me and Dh’s apartment. (And let me tell you what, as soon as I approached his house I almost turned around to drive an hour back to my home!) Glad I didn’t! We couldn’t put it off any longer though. I am showing, and of course my dad knew as soon as he saw!

April 12th, 2011, 05:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad it went well! Excited Grandpas are awesome

April 12th, 2011, 05:00 PM
Haha yes! Was your father excited as well? Were you scared to tell him? Heesh, I never knew it would be so hard to tell my dad something so happy!

April 12th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My bf's mom (who has 6 grandkids already) acted like this baby was gonna be her first. She was sooooo excited! It was a big relief (since we arent married and i worry what she would think).

I get sad that my parents wont know the baby that is gonna be their first granddaughter (which is part of why we are naming her after my mom).

I am happy your dad was excited mischief!

April 12th, 2011, 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkystar View Post
My bf's mom (who has 6 grandkids already) acted like this baby was gonna be her first. She was sooooo excited! It was a big relief (since we arent married and i worry what she would think).

I get sad that my parents wont know the baby that is gonna be their first granddaughter (which is part of why we are naming her after my mom).

I am happy your dad was excited mischief!
Are you just not wanting to tell your parents, or are they no longer with us?
This whole pregnancy thing tears me up everytime I think of how my mother would react if she got to meet her grandson! It isn't easy going through this without my mom, so I know how you feel sort of. (About being sad that your parents wont know)

Good thing your bf's mother is excited! Esp after having 6 other grandbabies, you would think she would be worn out by now

April 13th, 2011, 04:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
They both passed (my mom 5 years ago, my dad 2). Thankfully my sister has been helpful and my best friend has stepped in to listen when I needed it!

April 13th, 2011, 05:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
to both of you!

Yes, my dad was excited. Dalton was the first grandchild, so that was big! He was the first for ALL the grandparents. This time they aren't nearly as excited, but it's still fun for us

Tags
plans , weekend

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search