Baby Car Seat Mirror

Forum: Getting Ready for Baby

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Getting Ready for Baby LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 11th, 2011, 10:25 AM
SpankyMagoo's Avatar Gonna make Jo a big sis
I was going to get a mirror for my car so that i could see baby's face while she is rear facing.

However, in going to register for one... they all have horrendous reviews!!! It sounds lie unless your car as a center headrest... your kinda screwed. They dont stay put, the mirror is warped, they break super easily....

Do you have one? Do you like it? Do you have problems with it? What kind do you have? Do you have a center headrest in your car?

Now Im not sure what to do

April 11th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
I had one that was similar to this with Dalton rearfacing: Fisher-Price Precious Planet Auto Mobile Mirror - Fisher-Price - Babies "R" Us

We didn't do extended rearfacing, so we only used it for a year. It wasn't the easiest thing in the world to install, but once you get it in, you don't have to take it out and put it back in. If you have multiple vehicles, I would recommend one for each vehicle because they can be a pain to put in.

This isn't the same one that we had, but similar. I couldn't find the same one on any websites. A lot of the reviews say that it makes it difficult to see the road, but I think that can depend on where you install it and what kind of vehicle you have. We had an Aveo hatchback and Dalton was in one of the side back seats. The two back seats on the side in that vehicle both had headrests. I also had a mirror that attached to the rearview so you can see them forward facing, but I never got around to putting it in and now Dalton plays with it.

This time, I drive a Dodge Grand Caravan, and the baby will be in one of the two middle seats. They both have headrests. I probably will not get a mirror because even with the mirror there's nothing you can do to help the baby except pull over and see what's what. A mirror that straps on to a headrest is going to be safer in a crash. We are going to do extended rearfacing this time (well, to the new guidelines), so I might get something like this:

Brica Baby in Sight Mega Mirror - Grey - Brica - Babies "R" Us

I would stop in and check out the Car Seat Safety board and see if they have any recommendations or could give info on the safety of these mirrors.

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
April 11th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Happy Mommy
they don't make the kind I had when th ekids were little, but it was nice, it was by safety 1st.

I still have the little mirror the clips on the visor to see the girls more easily.
April 12th, 2011, 05:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
I think the one I had with Dalton was a Fisherprice Rain Forest kicking toy, but I don't remember. He loved it. It had a little ball he could kick and it would vibrate, I think a flower he could kick and it would play music... it was adorable! I wonder if I still have it...

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search