Do you like to travel?

Forum: Getting Ready for Baby

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Getting Ready for Baby LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 13th, 2011, 05:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
Do you like to travel? Where do you dream of traveling?

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
April 13th, 2011, 08:01 AM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
I do and I don't. Traveling really stresses me out. I love flying but I loathe airports, and I'm a horrible worrywort so I'm always afraid we'll be late, they won't be able to find our reservation, security will decide I look like I have a balloon of crack up my bum But once I get to where I'm going I love it!

The main places I want to see are Japan (especially Kyoto) and Greece. Both for historical reasons. I've been fascinated with ancient Japan ever since I read the Tale of Genji and the World of the Shining Prince, and the thought of standing where Heian-Kyo once stood just seems so weirdly magical. And if I do ever get to go, I would love to time it around hanami, when the cherry blossoms bloom, because I hear Kyoto is one of the best places to see it. Also, some of the temples and shrines offer lodging for tourists and you can participate in services and that would be so interesting to me!

For Greece, it's mostly because I used to be obsessed with mythology and philosophy, and I love how ancient things are! I want to see the Acropolis and Delphi, and Knossos and Phaistos, plus the beautiful beaches just because x)

April 13th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
Man, those places sound great, but I am so not a traveler. I worry in different ways, like dying during transportation or someone else dying while I'm gone. I like to plan day trips or weekend trips where we are not too far away from home. I'm sure my DH and kids will probably hate this, and I am trying to get better, but... I get the willies just thinking about it. And that's why I haven't seen my friends from high school or my brother in years!

April 13th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
I have never worried about dying during traveling until our trip to LA last month On the way home we were flying through storms and it was so windy, the plane was bouncing around the entire time, we were completely surrounded by dark clouds and lightning. I actually cried, because all I could think was that I didn't want to die without knowing my daughter omg it still makes me all teary to think about!

Is it flying you don't like, or any sort of travel? I like road trips, but there's not too much nearby to see so it would take us days to get anywhere interesting x)

April 13th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Any sort of travel. I'm a big weanie. I never used to have a problem with it, but the crazy switch was flipped after we started having babies

April 13th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Happy Mommy
I like to travel once I am THERE, it's the getting there that i'm not a fav of.

Tags
qotd , travel

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search