Anyone nesting?

Forum: Getting Ready for Baby

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Getting Ready for Baby LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 14th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Mischief Managed's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mischief Managed
First, I am going to admit, I have no idea what the "nesting" urge feels like, but I think I may know! I am one of those people who hate to clean, and DH has to pry to get me to do any extreme cleaning. (Rather then just putting stuff in a neat clutter )
I have done so much cleaning today I am amazed! I started my slow cooker dish at noon, and have been cleaning ever since then! I havn't even taken a shower yet and it is already 4:30pm! I have never done this much cleaning before, and I can't seem to do enough.

Anyone else "nesting" yet?

April 14th, 2011, 07:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am too tired to nest! When I get home from work, I am tired, so I lay down and pass out at like 8pm. I need some energy! We have so much to get done.

I plan to hire a cleaning company to go over the whole house about 2 weeks before my due date.

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

April 14th, 2011, 07:36 PM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
Not cleaning, but I had the strongest urge to get Nova's room ready! Even though I knew it wasn't urgent, especially since she'll be sleeping in our room for a while, I felt like I just had to get it painted, get a crib, furniture (including a changing table which almost everyone cites as one of their least used and least necessary piece of baby gear but I still needed one), get it all set up. Luckily DH didn't mind, he actually thought it was good because otherwise we would have put it off and never gotten it done We're both horrible procrastinators

Still waiting for the desire to clean the nest, which desperately needs it

April 14th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Mischief Managed's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mischief Managed
Hkystar I hope you get your energy back! I am not as far as you yet, so I might end up with the same issues you have. I am hoping I don't, there is so much I have to do between now and when the baby is due (even after) I can't run out of fuel already! But hiring a cleaning lady sounds nice, I have never had someone else clean my apartment before! It sounds exciting!

Mana that is great that DH is letting you get all prepared. I want to so badly have the nursery set up!

April 15th, 2011, 04:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
I have a list of things that need to be done But after work and playing with Dalton, I just don't have the energy. I do get a little bit done during the week, but I tackle my list mostly on the weekends.

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
April 15th, 2011, 12:37 PM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been nesting since I first wanted kids. lol

Angel Baby gone at 9 weeks, 7/8/13
April 16th, 2011, 02:19 PM
SarahAngela's Avatar Veteran
I have been wanting to get the baby's room all set up and boyfriend feels its still too soon! (He is one of those people who always waits until the last minute) I finally got my energy back and have been cleaning, decorating, cooking, and shopping like no other! I am just worried if I get put on bed rest, or the baby comes early nothing will be prepared!
April 18th, 2011, 04:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
Hi SarahAngela - how far along are you?

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
April 18th, 2011, 06:52 AM
Happy Mommy
I've been deep cleaning like crazy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search