Planning for team green

Forum: Getting Ready for Baby

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Getting Ready for Baby LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We just decided that we would like to go team green. I am super nervous because we are both planners. Does anyone have any tips to help us feel prepared?
April 19th, 2011, 10:31 PM
Mischief Managed's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mischief Managed
I can't really think of any, but I wish we went team green! I am def doing that with my next baby. Good luck

April 20th, 2011, 04:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You can get a lot of gender neutral stuff. And all the toys/other things you need for baby arent really gender specific.

so it shouldnt be hard to get yourself really prepared for a baby without knowing the gender. Its more of preparing yourself emotionally to not know. Its hard when everyone around you if finding out and you are holding strong (and not accidently seeing something on u/s).

If I get my way (which I probably will) we are going to be team green for next baby (if we have a second baby). Bf said no on this one, becuase he can only take one surprise per pregnancy.

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

April 20th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Happy Mommy
I was green with C. all baby items can be bought in neutral (bedding, crib, stroller and so on) I had her onsies, sleepers and so on bought, then I just needed clothes. I brought a girly and boy outfit for wear home, and just took tags off the one I needed and returned the other.

I had the basics on hand, a few blankets that were yellow and such, then bought the rest after birth for the stuff I wanted.
April 21st, 2011, 04:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom

I love team green! You will definitely be tempted to switch... especially when everyone in your DDC is going to their gender appointments, but it's so much fun to be on team green!

We are doing something similar to what Ro did by having a few sets of girl clothes (few because I can't resist!), and also boy clothes which we have from Dalton. We have some neutral clothes, and I will probably buy a few more before August comes. One difference we are doing is having a neutral outfit to come home in - I couldn't find exactly what I wanted to use for coming home, so I'm picking 3 different outfits to have prepared for our Meet the Baby parties (we have a HUGE family and having them all together overwhelms me, let alone a baby!). Our neutral outfit is actually a vintage Carter's outfit - my grandmother used it for her children, my mom used it for my sister and now I'm using it for my baby!

I don't think there's any way you will definitely feel prepared, but you will feel so much excitement leading up to the birth! Your family and friends will be excited to hear not just the details of the baby's height and weight and birthday (of course), but also the gender and name because you won't know that until the day of... it's so much fun! My parents were team green with my sister and it was a blast. DH is strongly on team green this time, even though he needed to know last time.

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
April 24th, 2011, 03:59 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With DS1 we were forced to team green until 33 weeks d/t a shy baby, I just bought lots of yellow, green and white, very fun!
I'm so done with green now, lol!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search