Craigslist?

Forum: Getting Ready for Baby

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Getting Ready for Baby LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 20th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Mischief Managed's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mischief Managed
Anyone ever bought anything off craigslist?
I am thinking of perhaps purchasing my crib off of craigslist... Just the wooden part of the crib though. For some reason it gives me the willies thinking of using some other babies matress and blankets. (That is just me though)
Anyone else using craigslist? Is this a trashy thing to do? I feel sort of cheap but I was looking at brand new baby furniture and

April 21st, 2011, 04:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
If you do buy a crib off of Craigslist, make sure it meets the current crib standards: Crib Safety Tips. Even if they say they just bought it last year or whatever, check it carefully to make sure.

You can get some great deals of Craigslist! I can't say that I ever have, but I know it's possible. Good luck! I think some of the other mamas have used it before, but I'm still a little foggy this morning.

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
April 21st, 2011, 06:08 AM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
I've only gotten pets off Craigslist, but I've been keeping an eye out for baby stuff. To me it's not really any different from a garage sale or Goodwill or something, it's just used stuff. I guess it might be cheap, but I don't see that as a bad thing, it's smart to save money where you can!

April 21st, 2011, 08:03 AM
Happy Mommy
nope, but I'm in a rural area so craigs list isn't really big here.
April 21st, 2011, 11:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have bought TONS of stuff off craigslist. I have gotten couches, chairs, bookcases, and clothing.

I bought almost all my maternity clothing off craigslist (I have a hard time finding my style in my size). I have spent $80 for a huge wardrobe (lots of work style shirts) and plenty of jeans/and other pants.

In terms of baby things: I have bought clothing (and lots of it). The only reason we havent bought a crib off there is because a friend of my bf's is giving us their old crib. Always make sure you know the price up front and go to see the item (with the mental belief that you can walk away). You are NOT obligated to buy the item just because you go to their house to inspect it. If you dont feel comfortable or something doesnt look right, just tell them you pass. Make sure you have them explain any features of the crib and if they have anything else that goes with it.

I plan to buy any baby stuff we dont get from the shower via craigslist (if the prices are right). The only thing I wont buy used (craigslist or anywhere else) is the car seat.

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

April 21st, 2011, 11:54 AM
Mischief Managed's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mischief Managed
That makes me feel a little more confident. I don't plan on anyone buying us a crib or changing table, so I feel as if I will have to buy that myself. I havn't even made a baby registry yet, but I do plan on waiting to buy all the little stuff (clothes, nursery supplies, etc) after the baby shower. I wish my baby shower was now! I am ready to get this show on the road

April 21st, 2011, 12:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I totally hear ya on the baby shower now! I cant stand to not be shopping but its prolly a good thing that I am not so I can get a little more saved up.

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search