How was your weekend?

Forum: Getting Ready for Baby

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Getting Ready for Baby LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2011, 04:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
Ladies, I'm dragging today... I could not sleep last night.

How was your weekend?

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
April 25th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
Aww, that sucks I totally feel your pain, I couldn't sleep either. And yesterday I decided to cut back on caffeine again so I don't even want to fall back on coffee to keep me going today :/

My weekend was okay, nothing to complain about x) Had lunch with the relatives on Saturday, got to see my siblings and my 6 month old niece, and realized that even though I'm pregnant and can't wait for my baby to get here, I'm still not very comfortable around other babies DH was more into holding and playing with her than I was! I hope I'll feel less awkward with my own baby.

April 25th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Happy Mommy
well if you weren't out partying it up like you were 21 all weekend..
just kidding, you got alot done so you deserve to be dragging!!!

I'm pretty okay, for the most part, will be ready for bed tonight though
April 25th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Mischief Managed's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mischief Managed
I couldn't sleep much last night either. My weekend was OK, I had to do a lot of homework so it wasn't fun. I am hoping that my whole WEEK wont be as bad as my weekend. But as it turns out it doesn't look like it is getting much better.

April 26th, 2011, 05:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
Another night of not being able to sleep... if it happens again tonight I'm going to go sleep on the couch. This is awful!

Mana - I get you on the no coffee thing. I didn't have any change for coffee or soda at work. Today I brought change. I'm sure you won't feel that awkwardness with your own baby! It's high pressure to hold onto someone else's kid... I'm still awkward holding my friend's newborn and I'm on my second! I didn't hold her first kiddo until the boys were about 6 months, I think. He and Dalton are the same age.

So all the work we did over the weekend was to completely clean and reorganize two of the worst spots in our house - the bedroom that was supposed to be the nursery (but has a wall only has high as a chair rail along the stairs... and it's on the second story - before we were parents, we thought it would work, after we realized it's definitely not fit) and Dalton's toy room. The nursery we changed into my sewing/craft room and Dalton's computer (a relic) is also in there.

I'm going to work on changing Dalton's toy room into a Montessori classroom, but for now at least it's clean and tidy. I'm not going to discuss this change with Tim, but rather just do it and ask him what he thinks when I'm done. I find for things like this it works better for us this way.

I still have to clean the carpets. I don't mind shampooing the carpets, but it takes a lot of time and energy especially since Dalton spilled juice in his room last week. Red juice, no less. I haven't been really good at cleaning up spills lately.

So anyway, that's why my weekend wore me out. We did a lot of cleaning and I did a lot of purging since I'm trying to become a reformed packrat. I think it might be working for now.

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom

Tags
gtky , weekend

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search