What's on your to-do list?

Forum: Getting Ready for Baby

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Getting Ready for Baby LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 27th, 2011, 05:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
I don't know about you, but my to-do-before-baby list just keeps getting longer and longer! I was going to bring it to work with me today to see what edits I could make or research I could do to make it easier, but I forgot it. Actually, I remembered when I was in the car but didn't want to go back out in the rain.

So what's left on your to do list?

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
April 27th, 2011, 07:27 AM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
- Get car seat
- Get everything else

I don't really have a list of things to do.. I'm not really sure what to do, other than getting things I'll need. Right now the priorities are car seat and a place for the baby to sleep right away, mostly in case she ends up coming early, and then I think I can relax a little and wait until after the shower to get the non-essentials but nice-to-haves.

Oh, I guess I should really clean the house before she comes. I hate cleaning even when I have nothing better to do, I can't really see myself doing much of it once I'm taking care of a baby all day x)

April 27th, 2011, 08:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
I've done most of my deep-cleaning already, but I still need to shampoo the carpets. I started on it yesterday and remembered how much of a workout it is and just how long it takes

I also need to sew some diapers - I have some that need repairs, and I want to get those done before the baby is ready for them. I need to strip and rewash the diapers that I have just to be ready. I also want to make a few more receiving blankets. I need to get a bassinet too.

My next project is Dalton's birthday party, so we're working on that more since it's in the beginning of June.

April 27th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My to-do list with regards to the baby is WAY too long. We havent really made any progress at all. I feel so overwhelmed with everything.

We got paint for the baby's room. I need to get the rest of the stuff taken out of the room so it can be painted. I keep expecting the crib to arrive but who knows when it will be coming.

This weekend I am going to my sister's house (only 2 more visits before baby comes). We plan to finish the gift for my virtual baby shower.

We still have almost nothing for the baby too (or thats how it feels).

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

April 27th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I feel way behind too. I hope you are able to get some stuff worked out soon so you at least feel ready!

April 27th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Happy Mommy
clean my room and rearrange. clean bath room, (not the usual cleanign but I'm trying to get some storage out of the one closet to use for other stuff. put up shelves in bath room.

then really from there it's pack hosp bag, pick going home outfit, and get ready to wait
April 29th, 2011, 05:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey Ro, are you planning on having that bag packed by 32 weeks? I couldn't remember...

Our rearranging is almost done. MIL & FIL are coming over this weekend to help with moving stuff that I can't help Tim with - like a big dresser, our fish tank, putting in the air conditioner (yay window air conditioners ), etc.

I still haven't pulled out my list again. DOH! I think my two biggest projects right now are cleaning the carpets and sewing diapers, but I also have some cupboards that I want to rearrange in the kitchen because it's just not working for me the way they are. When Tim had heart attacks, he was on so many meds and he put them in the kitchen cupboards... well, now he's not on them and they are still there. Plus I think Saturday is a national drug day when you can take prescription drugs to have them handled properly. I'm going to have to check on that, though!

Tags
getting ready for baby , todo

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search