What's on your priority list?

Forum: Getting Ready for Baby

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Getting Ready for Baby LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 17th, 2011, 05:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
What are your top priorities of things you need to get or have done before baby arrives? Do you have a timeline to finish/buy them?

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
May 17th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
All I can really think of that needs to get done is I need to get a place for her to sleep! Before July. More clothes would be good too, I suppose, but I'm expecting to get a bunch from my sister at my shower, along with a few more cloth diapers. Oh, I do need to get some wipes too, and various toiletries for the baby like soap and lotion and whatnot.

I think everything else is kind of just stuff that would be nice to have but aren't necessities, so I don't mind if we don't have those before she gets here or if we wait until after.

May 17th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
The big thing left on my list is a bassinet. Other than that, pretty much everything is in the "would be nice" category

May 17th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We have to finish the nursery (and that means start the nursery). My cousins are coming to paint the room tomorrow, and then I will start decorating.

We need a few more things before she comes: crib mattress, bed side cradle, swing, stroller to fit a car seat, wipes and diapers.

I am gonna start looking at deals on the nice to have items too but after I get all our needs covered.

We gotta car shop right after she is born. Bf's car isnt gonna work for taking a baby anywhere.

I need to pack my hospital bag, and there is still all my maternity leave paperwork to handle (but I cant start that till June 8th).

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

May 17th, 2011, 05:11 PM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
Oh yeah, I need to get some sort of carrier too. I still can't decide between some type of sling or a Sleepy Wrap to use until she's big enough for an Ergo.

This might be a stupid question, but can you put a newborn in a stroller? Like not a car seat on a stroller, but just a regular stroller?

May 18th, 2011, 05:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I've used a pouch (like a hotsling) and a ring sling, I like both of them but I've always wanted to try a Moby Wrap.

Not a stupid question! If the stroller has a full recline option, then yes you can put a newborn in it.

May 18th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am not pregnant yet, but the one thing I have to get done is the kid room. E still co-sleeps with us and the baby probably will too, and they will likely move upstairs to a shared room at the same time when baby is 1-2 years old. It is a completely blank slate. I have bought the paint and we still need to assemble the loft bed. I would love to have it done by the end of my first tri - I know it will be easier then than when I am heavily pregnant of have 2 little ones.

Anything else? I dunno. We might need a second crib? I have a sharp eye to Craigslist for the exact double stroller I want. I'm a baby carrier addict, so I'm already planning my squish stash. I suppose I'll need a few more cloth diapers too. We'll need clothes if I have a boy....other than that, just odds and ends.

May 18th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think you've gotten a lot done on your priority list already with finding more VBAC options!

Your other priorities are ones I still have Dalton cosleeps with us, and the baby will be in the same room too. Right now Dalton has a separate bed in our room, and the baby will have a bassinet in our room. Later the crib will be attached to our bed in a sidecar arrangement. Tim is in charge of doing all that...

I think my other priority is getting more cloth diapers. One of the girls in my DDC made her own prefolds with sheets from Goodwill and I REALLY want to try that. Otherwise, there's a local diaper service that is going out of business and is selling off their stock, so I could buy theirs too.

May 18th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Happy Mommy
I'm pretty good, I need to buy a wrap/sling/carrier. other then that it's pack my bag, install car seat and that's about it
May 19th, 2011, 05:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Pack bag... install carseat... yes, I need to do these things too. Tim says I will pack my bag in July and install the carseat in August

May 19th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Happy Mommy
see I"ll probably install car seat in July well prob end of June, who knows really.... then pack my bag.
May 22nd, 2011, 08:22 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
current priority is finishing the basement so that I can move the bigs downstairs, and move the twins out of the nursery, still waiting on an electrician then we can mud and tape and paint
if that doesn't work out, I might move the bigs into my current office on the main floor, if the electrical guy isn't here in 14 days that is what will be happening

or if I run out of energy then I'll just set up the crib in the master for a few months

Lucky mother to five!

May 24th, 2011, 05:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow Marie, I hope the electrician gets there soon! That sounds like a ton of work and I know remodels are no fun.

Wrighttheola - welcome to the Getting Ready for Baby board! Please feel free to post an introduction in a new thread so we can get to know you Personally I use a bassinet for the first 3 (or so) months because I want baby near my bed and I'm too short to reach into most of the convertible cribs.

Tags
list , priorities , todo

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search