Cry It Out or not?

Forum: Getting Ready for Baby

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Getting Ready for Baby LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2011, 04:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
Will you be using the Cry It Out (CIO) method of sleep training? Will you be Ferberizing? Ferber method - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
June 6th, 2011, 05:55 AM
Happy Mommy
a little of both...
June 6th, 2011, 06:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I dont see anything wrong with letting the child cry for a little bit after putting them in the crib (but not too long, not sure I can handle 10 mins of crying). I think with my nephew I would let him go up to 5 mins and then go in and soothe. I need to do a little more research on this though.

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

June 6th, 2011, 06:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
We practice attachment parenting, so no crying-it-out for us. Pretty much all of my friends do it the other way though We're the oddballs.

With Dalton, he was a high needs baby. He would throw up before he would self-soothe. We did try CIO at first, because that's what Tim's family & mine said was "normal". But after he kept puking from crying, we decided we would go our own way.

June 6th, 2011, 08:44 AM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
I'm not planning on it.

June 6th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Happy Mommy
yeah I won't let her cry for long, but if she stirs when I put her to bed I won't rush to pick her up. but I won't let her cry either. I can't stand crying babies/children I really can't. I usually do almost anything to get them to stop
June 6th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We cosleep, so for me it's rolling over to make sure baby is ok. With Dalton and his milk interolance, he had stomach pains a lot as a baby. Even when swaddled it would still bother him, so I was in the habit of rolling over and massaging his belly whenever he fussed at night. It definitely helped keep him calm.

I'm really just hoping our next baby is not a high needs baby I don't know how I came up with the energy the first time around, and then I worked full time too.

June 6th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Happy Mommy
I basically co-slept with L and C, but only after the first few months, I'm too paranoid at first.

This time, I dont know that I will. combo of my feather beds, mounds of pillows, the dog, L and C still come in from time to time, and it's got me all kinds of worried even at 3 + months. but her crib is rightthere, literally.
June 6th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We may co-sleep (aka move her little protable sleeper into our room) but we wont bed-share. Its just not a good choice for us. Bf is not comfortable with it and our bed really isnt big enough for a baby in addition to us. He wont even let me bed-share with the dogs .

June 6th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
We'll also be co-sleeping but not bed-sharing It just makes sense to have her in the room with us at first! For one thing I can keep an eye on her to make sure she's okay (monitors don't do it for me), plus when she needs to eat in the middle of the night I can just reach over to get her, pop out a boob, and we're good to go xD So, since she'll be right there I don't see any reason to just let her cry if she starts.

When she moves into her own room and crib, I'll let her fuss it out if she needs to vent a little before sleeping, but if she starts really crying I'll go in and soothe her.

June 6th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we sleep train early and that can involve CIO once all their needs have been met, we had to get militant when the twins came, otherwise I'd be dead right now. My four are wicked amazing sleepers right now and we attribute it to really good, early sleep training.

Marie's five kids are now 7,5,4,4 &2!
June 9th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Maria... how did you sleep train? Is there a method or philosophy you used?

June 14th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Super Mommy
I plan on using the CIO method to a point, I wouldn't let him cry too long if it's not working. I won't start it until the baby is at least 4 months old though.
June 16th, 2011, 04:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It's interesting to see what everyone's plans are! I hope we all connect again after the babies are here to see how it's going!

Tags
cio , sleeping training

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search