Cleaning - daily or weekly?

Forum: Getting Ready for Baby

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Getting Ready for Baby LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 5th, 2011, 04:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
Do you prefer to do cleaning chores daily or do you do one big cleaning day weekly?
Or do you do something else altogether?

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
July 5th, 2011, 08:14 AM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
I'm too lazy for any sort of regular cleaning ._. The kitchen does get a daily dose of putting stuff away and a bit of cleaning up, but everything else is cleaned as needed (which means me thinking "I should really clean in here" for a few days in a row)

July 5th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
I try to break it down into small chores every day that way there's not a ton that needs to be done any given day. Plus it makes me feel like if someone were to drop by unexpectedly I'd be somewhat prepared.

July 6th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do something else altogether, the cleaning lady comes here every 2 weeks---and I usually get the babysitters to vacuum twice a week, of course I do it if its getting gross. I fill the d/w daily and do laundry daily of course----dh does the housework if anything more than vacuuming needs done btwn the 2 weeks, he also does garbages
July 7th, 2011, 04:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Marie I don't know how you get anything done with 4 under 5 now, soon to be 5 under 5! I'm glad you have that system worked out!

July 7th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've taught them to be pretty independent therefore they do their own thing while I try to putter around and get things done--I didn't do that with DS1 and he was always crawling in my d/w and making a mess faster than I could clean
July 8th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Happy Mommy
some tings are daily, some are weekly, and some are after I can't stand it any more (like sweeping and mopping )
July 30th, 2012, 12:41 AM
Regular
I used to clean everyday but weekends will be general cleaning.
November 1st, 2012, 07:43 PM
Super Mommy
I do daily. I have a pad of blank weekly calendars and I write what I would like to get done certain days on that day. If it doesn't get done I just pencil it in to the next day. I try to leave Saturday and Sunday blank that way if we are gone all day I don't feel bad about not getting things done or if I have a busy week and don't get stuff done I have 2 days to tackle it before the next week arrives.

I have been told I sound a bit OCD with my lists but I am the kind of person where if it isn't written down for me to see I just don't even think about it. To the point where my sink is full and my laundry hamper will be overflowing.
November 3rd, 2012, 07:11 PM
Veteran
I hired maid pro recently and realized that for my family that is a necessity not a luxury. We have someone who comes out weekly and I could not keep up with the house otherwise. I hate cleaning with a passion so things would never get done if I didn't have my awesome house cleaner.
November 6th, 2012, 01:15 PM
TerriLF's Avatar Super Mommy
I do a full house clean every Monday which includes cleaning,dusting,vacuuming, mopping, picking up every room, all the laundry. Then through the week I do dishes, pick up toys, make beds.
November 7th, 2012, 05:34 AM
Veteran
Depends on how messy the house is, though I prefer small, frequent cleanings, or every chance I get when my boy is asleep.
November 17th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Veteran
i do little things daily like sweeping the floor, dusting...but i also do some things on a weekly basis like doin the laundry, vacuuming...i don't like to tire myself too much...and now im slowly shopping for baby things...expecting on January so i better get ready
November 17th, 2012, 06:46 PM
Veteran
When I was pregnant, I prefer doing household chores daily to minimize stress. Now that I'm not, I only clean the house during weekends because it's the only day of the week that I'm at home.
February 19th, 2013, 10:39 AM
I have two kids, one is five and has just started school this past september and one is 18 months. I also have a full time job and went back to work after three months leave for both pregnancies. I usually clean the kitchen after making the morning and evening meals and i do all of the picking up on the main floor while the kids are eating their supper. that way it is clean when my husband walks in the door. He often doesnt get home until bedtime, so i wait and eat with him after I've put the kids to bed around 7pm. After the dishes are done, i use that time to do the deeper cleaning and use the chemicals. I vacuum the main rooms we use and the kids rooms every day and mop all the hardwood floors twice a week. The bathrooms are cleaned twice a week and the kids rooms are tidied together before getting tucked in each night with a deep cleaning from either myself or my husband when they are at their swimming or dance lessons on the weekend. This is a great time to make excess toys dissappear.
Laundry is a daily task as i like all the bedding to be washed weekly as well as the floor mats and sometimes the kids go through several outfits per day.
I can say i am looking forward to being able to put them to work to share the cleaning when they are older i could use some more hands to get the place sparkling the way i like it.
February 22nd, 2013, 11:54 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Some things need to be wiped down daily, some things need a bigger cleaning once a week (steam mopping, cleaning the toilets...)
July 18th, 2013, 11:58 AM
LUSHaye's Avatar Super Mommy
I think the one thing I really clean daily is the kitchen. If it's not perfect, I am just a big ball of sarcastic sunshine.
If I can clean a little bit everyday, at least dusting and straightening up, then it's not so bad when I do my weekend clean ups. Vacuuming, bathroom cleaning, laundry, and cleaning MY room...that all waits until the weekend during the work/school year.
August 5th, 2013, 04:52 AM
some times daily and some time couple of day. Depend on mood.
August 6th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
It really depends on my mood. When I was working full time I did my best at least keep the dishes up and did the rest on the weekend. Now I do a little bit every day.

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

October 4th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Im the ONLY one that cleans ( except hubs helps w our room on the weekend and I bug him about cat boxes now. But we have 2 toddlers, and altogether 4 dogs, 7 cats, a mom and grandfather to carefor, so needless to say I have to clean every day, but I am worn out.

Tags
cleaning

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search