Babyproofing

Forum: Getting Ready for Baby

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Getting Ready for Baby LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 6th, 2011, 04:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
Have you done any babyproofing in your house/apartment?
What have you done?
Any other babyproofing you are planning to do?

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
July 6th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
None at all It's kind of overwhelming to think about because there is so much we will need to do. We have computers and other electronics everywhere, and there are a million cords and wires all over the place. I'm not sure what to do about all of them. The easy stuff will be covering the outlets and getting gates for the stairs, and maybe a couple gates to block off the kitchen. We already keep cleaning supplies and whatnot in high cupboards so I don't think we'll need any latches for those.

July 6th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we've been babyproofed for 4 years since Nolan started crawling

I have: plug covers, no hanging cords, locks on all kitchen and undersink cupboards, spinners on bathrooms while they're toddling, baby gates on bottom of stairs, locks turned around on bedroom doors, all harsh chemicals are either in the garage or high up on a top shelf in the laundry room, spinners on outside doors so they can't wander out
July 11th, 2011, 04:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
Tim put a special lock on the under-the-sink kitchen cupboard when Dalton was little... then he couldn't get it open. Dalton came over and showed him how

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
July 11th, 2011, 06:51 AM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
Quote:
Originally Posted by way2gomom View Post
Tim put a special lock on the under-the-sink kitchen cupboard when Dalton was little... then he couldn't get it open. Dalton came over and showed him how
Awesome!

July 11th, 2011, 01:25 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
We should probably look into it since a lot of our baby proofing is gone or lacking. But we have a little bit until baby is mobile so we will procrastinate as long as possible .

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

July 14th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by way2gomom View Post
Have you done any babyproofing in your house/apartment?
What have you done?
Any other babyproofing you are planning to do?
I have baby gates up that confine her to the kitchen, living room, master bedroom and bath. It cuts her off from the stairs and dining room - I also have a gate at the top of the stairs. I put the nice sliding outlet covers on our two most prominent outlets. I have the cover things on the stove knobs.

It is about time I put doorknob covers on and also the things to keep her from opening the oven door (not that she does, but that she's big enough to do it and that would be awful.)

She's easy - mostly a climber. Her little BFF is into freaking EVERYTHING and I am so glad she is not. He's in the stove, in the freezer, in the trash, in the toilet - ugh!!!!

Last edited by Sk8ermaiden; July 14th, 2011 at 09:34 PM.
July 16th, 2011, 12:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
None and we need to do a lot.
Our house has several stairwells and a bridge/hall type thing that were built back in the 70s. AKA: back before child safe building codes.
The railings on all of them are spaced too far apart and as soon as our babe becomes mobile, he will tumble to his death. My husband is supposed to be getting lumber to fix this but still hasn't. He thinks we have tons of time, but I'm scared that he'll forget until the day our kid is lying in a pool of blood.

Tags
babyproof , getting ready for baby , safety

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search