Doesn't even feel like a nursery...

Forum: Getting Ready for Baby

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Getting Ready for Baby LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 28th, 2012, 07:44 PM
My fiance and I are a young couple, so we're living in a little apartment here in Green Bay.
So far, all we have in her room is a bassinet, and my collection of stuffed animals surrounding it. Oh, and all of the baby clothes my mother in law gave us.
We have other things ready to come into the room (you know. Crib, changing table, things like that) but still...this baby room is so empty.
I can't paint the walls. I mean, I can put little prints up on it, because you can take them off. But we're so poor, we can't afford to make a beautiful, matching nursery, and I'd love to.
What are some ways you suggest that we can fill up her room and make it beautiful for her arrival?
I just want something nice, and comfy for her. Something girly, and sweet.
July 29th, 2012, 06:00 AM
newmommysarah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I dont think money has anything to do with it to be honest - my partner and i both lost our jobs at the start of this pregnancy and are still unemployed now but i have managed to complete my little Noah's nursery just by going through charity shops for clothes, searching for second hand furniture online and being creative with my choices.
Try putting a little money aside each week for the baby (we put 25 euro aside each week) and stick with it until you have enough saved for the nursery. Figure out what the essentials are and get them first, then focus on the little nice things that make a nursery. Keep an eye on the sales and dont be afraid of charity shops - they are full of bargins you will find decorating on a budget can be just as fun.

As our house is rented we couldn't decorate either so i got a pack of wall stickers online for 15 euro and they have turned out brilliantly. We got the blinds on sale for 10 euro, I found the cot bed second hand online for 30 euro and the changing table/chest of draws was 50, the moses basket was 10 euro with the stand - again second hand online. The most expensive thing we bought was the chair at 125 euro but that was on sale down from 360 so i still made a saving there. I found old picture frames, a cute clock and little owl to hang on the wall in a charity shop for 2 euro each The little wicca baskets were 1 euro each on sale and i love them there are little things everywhere if you know where to look. Good luck hun x x

...and baby number 2

Last edited by newmommysarah; July 29th, 2012 at 06:03 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search