I need help

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To BTDT Moms Advice for New Moms LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2009, 09:26 AM
mommaluvs2730's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How do you get or did you get your baby to sleep through the night???? Hannah is now waking up three to four times a night

January 17th, 2009, 09:28 PM
MyDuckySam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MyDuckySam
Maybe she's sleeping too much during the day?

Have you tried the EAS-Y method? Eat, Activity, Sleep-You time? It's the only thing that finally worked for Sam for daytime naps.

He's always been a relatively good night sleeper, but I was also one not to "force" the STTN til he was over 8 months old and he and I shared a room/bed. My husband sleeps on the couch most of the time because of his back. When we first had Sam we lived in a 1 bedroom apt. Now we're in a 3-bdrm and HJ will sleep with me (in a pnp), Sam in his own room, and Eric in the den on his couch.

January 17th, 2009, 11:16 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just followed her cues. I figured if she was getting up there was a reason for it. Is she eating enough during the day? We found this was a big one for Jas. I would always make sure to offer her more if she totally finished off her bottle or solids. To my surprise she would often take more. After a few days of this she started sleeping much much better.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

January 18th, 2009, 10:17 AM
mommaluvs2730's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for the advice ladies. I do forget her to feed her more solids cuz its just so hard to remember all this stuff but I try and rationalize it with some babies dont even eat babyfood til they are closer to a year. Although she loves it. I at least feed her some babyfood once a day. Ive been tryinng to remember thinking that maybe that was it and you are probably right. I did however read a book "healthy sleep habits, happy baby" and it worked wonders for Nicole. I cant remember what age she was. Im thinking closer to seven months. Which Hannah is almost there. She doesnt sleep a whole lot during the day. Its hard cuz my mom babysits her and I tell her to put her up in her room so there isnt a lot of noise liek Nicole waking her up so she can get a good nap. Plus Ive been trying to get her naps under control. She usually goes back to sleep around 9ish after waking up at 5:30am If she does sleep good its about two hours and then she is ready to go back down around 2 or 3 but then my mom just lets her sleep on the couch which I dont like cuz I believe she needs a rested nap without interuptions Unfortunately she doesnt listen to me....I think if she could get on this schedule she'd be ready to go back down by 8 like Nicole and have enough sleep when she gets up at 5:30. Sorry for such a long post!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search